Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order for my own PT1911 from Budsgunshop.com for $503 delivered. This will be my first 1911 and I am very excited about getting it. There are almost NO gun dealers around where I live so I drove to the nearest academy sports (across a state line, so I can't buy a handgun there) just to get to handle one of these before I placed the order. I have previously owned a Taurus Millennium Pro in 9mm before trading it off for a Kahr PM9, and was very happy with it as it was 100% reliable through several hundred rounds. I have been wanting a 1911 for some time and had been trying to make up my mind between this and a low end springfield, but the extra features on the taurus and some very good reviews I've read about it on this site and others made me go ahead and take the jump. When I get it I will take a couple pictures and let you know how it shoots.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol !! Welcome from Missouri

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase; & a warm welcome
from Tulsa. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
First let me welcome you to the forum, it's good to have you with us. Additionally I think once you have your PT1911 in hand you'll be extremely happy with your purchase. The more I look at the new stainless model the more I'm thinking of getting it to complement my PT1911B.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Almost all the folks who own a PT1911 will tell you you made a good decision. The only problem I see with them is that more folks seem to be buying them and the prices seem to be going up. Enjoy and good shooting.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
To really complement the PT1911B properly, you must have all four models... ;) I know the SS PT1911AR isn't out yet, but when it is I will have it.

Here in Iowa prices seem to be fairly steady at the big gunshows with the PT1911B selling for either way of $500.00. The PT1911AR ($525.00) and SS PT1911 ($575.00) are a bit harder find, have to order them most likely. Gabes Gunshop is a great place here in Iowa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the gun this last saturday and am very happy with it. I will admit that I had a few minutes of doubt the first day I had the gun. The very first round I cycled into the chamber nose dived and jammed. lol. However, I'm positive that was user error and not the gun's fault. I got to take it to the range for a short time today and fired 50 rounds of blazer brass 230gr fmj. It worked absolutely perfect and is shooting very near point of aim, just a little to the left. (I will adjust the rear sight to compensate when I get to go back to the range with a little more time.) I was VERY impressed by the trigger on this thing. I can't say I've ever had a gun with such a nice light trigger pull. I've shot my buddie's kimber before and don't remember it having near as nice a trigger. I did notice as others have previously mentioned on here that the finish looks pretty thin, and actually is nearly worn off already on a few of the pistol's edges. But for the price I paid for this gun I'm not complaining. Overall I'm a very happy new 1911 owner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.