Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some debate and indecision, I ordered a Poly PD with the SS cylinder. My FFL called friday and I picked up my late christmas gift yesterday.

After having owned and occasionally carrying a SS PD, I was anxious to handle the Poly PD as no LGS had one look at before ordering.

Needless to say, I'm impressed with the weight(lack there of). The fit and general finish seems to be much better than those I've seen in magazines.

Overall I couldn't be happier.... Now if only the weather would co-operate(16 degrees today)so I could get to the range. Its supposed to warm up to upper 40's by Wed.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice lookin judge, I would have rather gotten the SS version myself but ended up getting the blued. I may end up having my cylinder parkerized or something, I just never cared for blueing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very nice!, I think the fit and finish on the latest ones (with the slight cutout below the cylinder latch) is better than the first ones.
I wish I had gone with the stainless cylinder also. mine already shows wear from daily carry. I was thinking of the DuraBake finish for it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the greatest handgun forum on the web and a hearty congratulations on your acquisition of the Poly Public Defender!

You will soon discover that the guys and gals who frequent this site possess an extraordinary wealth of handgun knowledge in general, and a multitude of Taurus experiences in particular; and don’t mind sharing their Taurus experiences and wisdom with others.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congrats on the Poly!

Had mine on my belt when I went to dinner tonight. It does carry very easily, and shoots very well considering how light as it is.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable I am with it.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

I've been looking at some of the options for a good quality carry holster I see DeSantis offers an OWB model. Any comments on this or any others out there?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Blackhawk and Uncle Mikes' both make sturdy, inexpensive belt holsters that carry the Judge comfortably and securely.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Poly PDs what is the difference

Looking at poly PDs. Does anyone know the difference between the PFS and the TCPLY other then the cost? Can't find the info any place else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looking at poly PDs. Does anyone know the difference between the PFS and the TCPLY other then the cost? Can't find the info any place else.
As far as I can tell the PFS is the discontinued version of the Poly Defender with the blued cylinder and the TCPLY is the one with the stainless cylinder, cylinder release and hammer. This is the version that I have.

Hope this helps you out.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts