Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I went ahead last night and ordered the surplus model 82 from SOG. I hear good things about these guns and I am hoping this one will not have much damage to the metal itself. I am planing on reblueing the whole gun anyway. What really sux is that the gun does not have a large variety of grips available aftermarket.
I am hoping to have the gun on-hand by Saturday. I did not load any 38s, but bought a 100 rds of Winchester white box. I also have about 35 sissy loads of Lee 150gr boolit followed by 4 gr of BlueDot. Loaded those for my ex girlfriend 4-5 years ago. So I am helluva excited for this weekend. This will be my first long-barreled SA/DA revolver. Right now I have only a bunch of SA Rugers and 2 snub-nose Tauruses. Oh well, I lied. I also have a Nagant, but I did not count it as an SA/DA :-\ Not sure why.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered one Monday from J&G Sales. It is being delivered today. I sprung for the hand select option and rubber grips. The wood grips are too small for my meat hooks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one Monday from J&G Sales. It is being delivered today. I sprung for the hand select option and rubber grips. The wood grips are too small for my meat hooks.
I hear you. Mine is also hand picked and SOG was always good as far as that goes. My hands are not small at all, but I went with wood. I prefer the classic look, at least till I get a better set of grips :)

Cheers,
Mad

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I, for one, will enjoy seeing pics once you have your new guns in hand. :eek:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I am also very curious to the condition of the guns you get. Let us know what you think of them!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine in yesterday. The finish wasn't great but almost all of it was holster wear. The metal itself is in great shape. No big scratches or pitting.

The barrel and chambers looked brand new. The cylinder locks up tighter than a new convicts hind end during his first prison shower. The gap between the cylinder and barrel is right at .003".

The DA pull is a bit heavier than I was expecting but it's clean. The SA pull is as good or better than most 1911 triggers I've tried and a few were match grade triggers. The rubber grips were a bit worn but the rubber was still plenty grippy.

So far the only thing I plan on changing is adding a fiber optic front sight once I have the money to spend.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Sounds like you got the typical PD trade in, shot very little, but carried a lot. And of course,

:nopics:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you got the typical PD trade in, shot very little, but carried a lot. And of course,

:nopics:
I have to take some either tonight or over the weekend. All I got a chance to do was snap a couple of really bad pics with my cell phone to send to my brother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts