Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Springfield 30-06 to a local gun store/repair shop to have it checked out for a problem. I don't shoot it anymore (my shoulder doesn't like hard hits much these days) and have been thinking about buying a hand gun; I've always used long guns in the past. While there, I saw a used Taurus 24/7 OSS in .45 ACP that the counterman said was a first generation model for $300.00. (My son already owns a Taurus .45 compact and loves it.) I came home, did some research on the internet (that's how I found this excellent forum) and am now well-versed in the potential magazine problems, and what to look for. Any other advice y'all might have for me before I trade in the 30-06 and buy the 24/7?

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

Go for the OSS, they are great weapons, Discontinued so they will be harder to get!

·
Registered
31,699 Posts
If you have a 30-06 1903 Springfield, I would sell it instead of trading it in. Sight unseen, our members will give you the price of a new OSS

And, welcome from Lubbock, TX.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Iowa

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!! I think you'll do better selling the rifle then you would trading it.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN just jump right in. :)

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Welcome aboard from Salem, VA

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas! :wave: Definitely sell the Springfield. It's worth more in good condition than the 24/7 OSS. The 24/7 OSS is an outstanding pistol. The newest crop of 24/7 G2's are top rated pistols. Look at one of those while you're at it; you won't be disappointed!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the boards, from the hills of WV...I'm new here, and one of the things that blew me away was how everyone rushes to the forum "door" to greet newcomers. A darned fine bunch of gunslingers is what you've found here.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.