Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a used Taurus pt145 yesterday and put 50 rounds through it today. Had two cartridges nose dive otherwise it worked fine. I expect it is a magazine problem. How does one disassemble the magazine? Mine does not have a hole in the bottom cover so the u tube explanation does work. U tube talks about a safety problem and I can duplicate it on mine but do not see it as a major problem although it does reflect a design problem that should not be. Was this and the magazine problem corrected in latter productions?

I got the magazine disassembled and the spring has 8 coils, now what do I do to make it work correctly?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Well, I guess I'm the first to welcome you to the forum. I don't own at PT145; but there will be others who can give you some insight on that pistol.
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Iowa

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, someone will come along shortly and provide you some info on your magazines.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa. As far as the mags go, grab a dowel rod or long screwdriver and work the follower from top to bottom rapidly about 50 times. That should loosen up the springs and hopefully get rid of your nose dive problem.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, FL!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome from N.Texas

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts