Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats going all everyone...Im 22...just came out of the Army, and am in love with Taurus handguns...I will say this..lol..I am black...I was on another forum and got pretty much shunned because of my color...anyhow...I never owned a handgun, but I was just a little bit familiar with them...The first gun I ever saw was a Taurus 22 I believe....so Ive always told myself that I would purchase a Taurus when the time is right...Well I just put a down payment on a Taurus PT100...I will pay the rest off this Friday...Im online downloading manuals and beginners guides so I can optimize my(and anyone else's)safety and knowledge of this handgun...I have the manual as well...but if anyone knows of anything...let me know...It is brand new and cost $449...I plan on trying it out at this gun range down here in Columbus called Shooters....anyways....I plan on being active in here and I will post pics up in the near future....

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
Welcome.

Uncle Sam's firearms training can be a bit lacking. LOL Might I suggest you get some NRA certified pistol instruction. Nice gun, though! Practice makes perfect. Good two hand isoceles with your weight forward, weight on the front of your feet. Concentrate on the front sight and squeeze the trigger. Trigger control is important, should surprise you when it breaks. Don't jerk it, squeeze it.

I've been shooting for about 50 years now, since the age of 6 (a country boy), and have loved every minute of it. I'm happiest when I'm in the field with an accurate rifle or handgun or a trusted shotgun. I do a lot of hunting and carry a firearm daily for self defense and still love to go to the range and shoot. I just never get tired of it. :D

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Welcome along ... We're glad to have you.

The nice thing about being online is the anonymity. No one has to know what color you are unless you tell them. Just a word to the wise. :)

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
BTW, I completely missed on this, but thank you so very much for your service to our country! I have a friend over in Iraq right now doing his second tour, Sargent Anthony Martinez. And, my daughter's boyfriend is a gun nut and in the national guard (rides a motorcycle, too, good kid! :D) and did one tour already. I am truly grateful that we have young men that are willing to carry the load for freedom by serving in our armed forces.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Was was your MOS? And yes, most military weapons training is lacking. I spent 6 yrs Mn ARNG and have 2 brothers at Cambell.

Steelheart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was Signal....25F......Commo Guy....Lol...thanks for all the love people.....Hey listen is anyone familiar with the Taurs .45 acp 185 grain pure copper bullets? My buddy at the gun shop down here was telling me about them and I wanted some user feedback

and BTW...did you guys say weapons training? Oh.....you mean the 3 days we spent practicing and qualifying, or the 2 days learning to take apart the weapon and clean it....lol....Im actually trying to find an firearms instructor down here....as embarrassing as it sounds...Im not familiar at all with handguns...so Im trying to optimize my knowledge and gun safety

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
I remember a conversation about the Taurus ammo, but can't find it. No experience with it, myself. I shoot almost exclusively handloads I create myself. Much cheaper and a hobby unto itself.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
My MOS would now be a 25C (used to be 31C when the 31 series was Commo). I don't recall anything about the 25F's. Dealt with C's, L's, U's, R's, a few S's plus W's and K's but they were older MOS's that had morphed into current ones (older guys who's first issue weapon was a spear).

Glad to have to join us here.

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Taurus's HEX rounds (the all copper bullets) are out of production I think. Corbon is makeing a similar load using the same bullet (from Barnes) called DPX. I haven't heard of any shootings but the test results look great. They are not cheap, think over $1 a cartridge. Needless to say, I haven't tried any.

Steelheart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh ok... i see...well thanks for that info.BTW, 25F used to be a 31 series before it phased out....ITs real title is Network Switching Systems Operator/Maintainer...but basically we work in Node Centers and Switches...Configuring routers,DNVT,NST, PBX, things like that.....kinda like the 25S, except we dont really mess with JNN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts