Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!!!!.......what a sandwich. Best I have ever had. They are $3.99 and well worth it. No ground processed meat- no sir, it has a solid slab of fried chicken breast, mayo, and some serious quality dill pickles. There is the Classic and the Spicy- the only difference is that its the mayo that is spicy, not the chicken.

Now i can understand why that dude stabbed someone over one- https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/us/popeyes-sandwich-stabbing/index.html

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
Between what I've read in news reports and what you just shared, I'm gonna hafta try one. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
Not a big mayo fan so they lost me there. Their chicken pieces have the spice in the breading. I quit going there for the cost to value ratio, but may have to try the sandwich.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
Just for y'all's sake, I'll stay away from 'em. I'm sure I'd really like 'em but historically...:sad:...everything I like ends up being discontinued within' days of my discovering it. Enjoy, I sure wish I could.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not a big mayo fan so they lost me there. Their chicken pieces have the spice in the breading. I quit going there for the cost to value ratio, but may have to try the sandwich.
That one confuses me, too. When I got to Ohio, I realized they put mayo on just about everything. Burger King is the worst offender; and if the person you ask to nix the mayo is having a bad day, you end up with a double dose.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I'll stick with a Buffalo Chicken sandwich from HOOTERS. Spicy with a side of breaded and fried pickles and jalapenos. Oh, lets not forget the curly fries. All washed down with an frosty iced mug of Lone Star beer.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
I don't think their chicken sandwiches are all that great. Definitely not worth having to risk the necessity of shooting someone. I've tried many of the fast food places versions of chicken and most of them are pretty average. The Spicy ones just vary in the method of adding that spice. The ones I will absolutely avoid are McDonalds (tastes like soggy cardboard) and Popeyes (don't wanna have to cut no foo). Churches and Golden Chick have pretty decent ones for both normal and spicy, Wendy's makes a good spicy if you want more of a peppercorn spicy as opposed to a chili style spicy. I do also have a soft spot for the original "Chicken" sandwich from Burger King.
Overall flavor of the spicy ones.... Chik-Fil-A's Spicy chicken sammich with pepperjack cheese and I add spicy garlic dill pickles From a place called the Pickle Peddler. SOOO delicious, so much regret during the next bowel movement. #worthit

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I make my own using shredded chicken breast with one of three variations of ranch dressing: standard, with diced jalapenos, or with diced red pepper. These little bombs are so good.

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
I'll try Popeye's when it comes around, but I'll continue my trips to Chik-Fil-A for now.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
I used to love KFC's chicken breast sandwich with cheese and Canadian bacon but as I said earlier...:sad:...it was discontinued shortly after I got hooked on 'em.

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
I used to love KFC's chicken breast sandwich with cheese and Canadian bacon but as I said earlier...:sad:...it was discontinued shortly after I got hooked on 'em.
There ya go...you must have odd and very singular tastes...:D

If they were popular and mainstream, they would keep them on the menu!

Reactions: kschilk

·
21,915 Posts
Best sandwich; Chikfila.
Best actual fried chicken; Popeyes. By a mile.
Best side dishes at a fast food chicken coop; again, Popeye's by a long shot.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'll stick with a Buffalo Chicken sandwich from HOOTERS. Spicy with a side of breaded and fried pickles and jalapenos. Oh, lets not forget the curly fries. All washed down with an frosty iced mug of Lone Star beer.
I agree on the hooters buffalo chicken sandwich. not to mention the girl who checked us in could have been an ad for visiting the grand canyon. Wife even forgave me (kind of) for looking

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Best sandwich; Chikfila.
Best actual fried chicken; Popeyes. By a mile.
Best side dishes at a fast food chicken coop; again, Popeye's by a long shot.
With the exception of their biscuits, which is an insult to anyone that has ever had a decent one, let alone a good one.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
There ya go...you must have odd and very singular tastes...:D

If they were popular and mainstream, they would keep them on the menu!
:D...could be. Quaker came out with their fruit and cream oatmeals years ago, at first only sold in variety packs. I really liked the bananas and cream and was thrilled when they started offering dedicated boxes of each individual flavor. Within' like a month, they pulled the bananas and cream and you could only get all the other flavors like strawberries and cream, peaches and cream, etc. I think the bananas and cream is still available in the variety pack but you only get two packets, while there are three or four of every other flavor. Hard to imagine nobody liking the banana but then again...:dunno:...a lot of people voted for obama so......

·
Registered
749 Posts
In my part of South Carolina, the nearest Popeye's is about 30 minutes away in another town. I only go to this area about twice a year as I bought my vehicle at a dealership about 2 miles from the Popeye's. Even that Popeye's is so new that it was crowded even before the mystical chicken sandwich was introduced. I like Popeye's just fine but the wait time was not good due to the crowd the only time I have been there so far.

What really surprises me is that this is "The South" and yet there are only a few Popeye's in this area and the others are 45+ minutes away. Where I used to live back in Michigan, there were two small cities separated by a bridge across a river. Combined population of those two cities was less than 20,000 and each city had a Popeye's (about 6 miles apart). The one in my city closed before I moved to SC. It was poorly run but the other city's one was quite decent although the surrounding 'neighborhood' left a lot to be desired.

But, two small Yankee cities having more Popeye's closer to where I lived than I have here in the South! Well, that does not compute, Will Robinson!

Now, Bojangles are everywhere here! Got two of those within about 10 minutes of me.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
You're right as I had one yesterday. I had one right before the crazy run on them last year.

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
In my part of South Carolina, the nearest Popeye's is about 30 minutes away in another town. I only go to this area about twice a year as I bought my vehicle at a dealership about 2 miles from the Popeye's. Even that Popeye's is so new that it was crowded even before the mystical chicken sandwich was introduced. I like Popeye's just fine but the wait time was not good due to the crowd the only time I have been there so far.

What really surprises me is that this is "The South" and yet there are only a few Popeye's in this area and the others are 45+ minutes away. Where I used to live back in Michigan, there were two small cities separated by a bridge across a river. Combined population of those two cities was less than 20,000 and each city had a Popeye's (about 6 miles apart). The one in my city closed before I moved to SC. It was poorly run but the other city's one was quite decent although the surrounding 'neighborhood' left a lot to be desired.

But, two small Yankee cities having more Popeye's closer to where I lived than I have here in the South! Well, that does not compute, Will Robinson!

Now, Bojangles are everywhere here! Got two of those within about 10 minutes of me.
The irony goes further as the farther North one goes in the CONUS, the fewer people there are that like spicy food.

Bojangles just stirred up a social media frenzy a few days back by locking out Trump supporters after a rally in NC. They have since apologized and tried to walk it back. No word if they will shut down the entire chain for a "sensitivity training" session.

Reactions: slong115
1 - 20 of 26 Posts