Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. What's better then a new PT 92AFS?

A. TWO OF THEM!

This would be my second and third Taurus respectively. First one I had was a Judge and it served me well enough while I owned it. (Sold it to finance my wifes engagement ring.) However, in regards to the magazines I have having two issues.

The first pay only load up to 16, and then are really hard to get to 17. I get them in, and then it becomes REALLY hard to put the magazine in. So is 17 + 1 out of the question?

For the second batch, of two magazines, I can only get 15 rounds in, then the problem persists. Only this team if I load them up to 16, one becomes really hard to push in, (like the other two) and the second one doesn't get into the gun at all. Like the feed lips are out of spec. These two magazines do the same thing to both guns.

Now I owned a Beretta 92FS (the second gun I sold to finance that ring. ;) ) and I realize that magazines are a problem. Are the magazines that come with the gun covered under warranty? Is my issue normal? Also, I am looking into purchasing more magazines, are the mec-gear magazines just as good as factory Taurus? Let me know guys.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Congrats on the new pair.I tried ordering after market mags from mag pro.Didn't work out.ended up getting Taurus mags.Others like usung aftermarket mags. I'm sure they will reply soon. Good luck with the new pair.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The last round is always hard to get in on new magazines. Nothing wrong with the magazines they just need to be used

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on those TWO PT-92s !!!!

They look great. Now you need a double-holster belt like the Lone Ranger has :D

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
You NEED an UpLula Universal Magazine Loader!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearms.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
See? You're smarter already. Others say load the mags full and let then set for a week. I can't wait that long, I'll just load one short. The mag will loosen up after a while. Meanwhile I'm shootin'

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is what I am seeing normal though? Rattle is ok? Only being able to load 15/16 is also alright?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
The springs are new and will break in. The rattle is a P.I.T.A. My PT-111Mil. rattles, too. None of my other semi-autos rattle, but the 111 does when full.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new duo of Taurus pistols!

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
You could play El Mariachi portrayed by Antonio Banderas with that pair of pistolas. You do look like Banderas, don't you?

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow i never thought of that i bought one of the stainless tp 92s, now i wish i had two love it more than i ever thought i would, and they are beautiful guns congradulation on your gun enjoy shooting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts