Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got her, after forever in layaway limbo. I haven't fired her yet, but she sure feels great in the hand. Very well-built.
First impressions? I've heard people whinge about the trigger. I wonder if those people have ever fired a stock Sig. The trigger feel is "unique", but certainly not bad. It feels preety nice in SA, but the DA is as "meh" as you would expect. Reset is beautiful.

Anyway, I hope to take her out tomorrow, but until then here's a pic or two...

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Air gun

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations!

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Congrats on your new gun.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I'm hoping to run a box or two through today. I did some house cleaning this weekend and I picked up a Taurus 65 revolver as well... My needs are nearly complete (though my wants never will be) :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
An excellent choice of firearm.I'd own one myself,but the barrel is much too long for practical carry.And my PT92 shall have no guns before it,for it is a jealous 9mm.

Reactions: ScarletKingsnake

·
Registered
28,635 Posts
Enjoy. They are among the best.
But search for the threads on cleaning. The OSS came from Brazil and are often filled with Taurus Goo. (You don't want to know what it's made from...)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Enjoy. They are among the best.
But search for the threads on cleaning. The OSS came from Brazil and are often filled with Taurus Goo. (You don't want to know what it's made from...)
LOL! I stripped it as far as I'm comfortable doing... That stuff is, like Soylent Green, composed primarily of people I think. Never seen anything like it haha!

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
LOL! I stripped it as far as I'm comfortable doing... That stuff is, like Soylent Green, composed primarily of people I think. Never seen anything like it haha!
Hmmm? Better check to see if we have any Relatives or Neighbors missing! ;) :D

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Very nice! Congrats

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I went to my normal range today, and found (after the 40 minute drive) that is was closed for "environmental remediation". So I went to a different range 35 minutes closer but not as much fun.

ANYway, I made a video you can (and should lol) watch. It's my first, and it is very poorly done, but what you can see if you look closely is this pistol just chewing a ragged hole out of the target's center mass as 10 yards. This was literally the first 30 rounds through this gun, and while POI was about 4" left of POA, I can't believe how accurate and easy-shooting it was. I had run 150 rounds though my Sig before I got groups like that. My .45s (when I had them) never looked like that.
Here's the vid...

Like I say, the video is garbage, but it shows how little recoil the SD (and hot-ish) rounds produced, and just how easy it was to take this pistol, clean the "Soylent Grease" (to coin a phrase lol) out, and go produce 3" groups off-hand. This could be my favorite full size pistol. If it were chambered in 10mm I would consider letting a couple other pistols go!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Soylent Green was a classic movie. Think we are close to that yet?

·
Registered
28,635 Posts
Soylent Green was a classic movie. Think we are close to that yet?
¡The movie you are thinking of is Clockwork Orange!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We're close to a world halfway between Soylent Green and Clockwork, with a little 1984 and Brave New World thrown in fit good measure

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Naw, Clockwork Orange was the dudes running around terrorising everyone in England. The Green was when they were producing food from people, right? Its been a while.

Reactions: B5Dan

·
Registered
28,635 Posts
Naw, Clockwork Orange was the dudes running around terrorising everyone in England. The Green was when they were producing food from people, right? Its been a while.
Yes, but your question was whether we were there yet. I think we're at Clockwork Orange.

Reactions: nut016

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Yes, but your question was whether we were there yet. I think we're at Clockwork Orange.
Got it, and I agree with you. We are past Clock Work Orange.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts