Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered an OWB holster as I've put on a few lb's and it's harder for me to wear the IWB High Noon Hidden Alley holster for my PT145. I'm wearing it right now, and obviously I can't tell it's on. As far as concelability, well a regular t-shirt doesn't cover it, but I have a pull over wind breaker on, and poof, it disapears! I think I'm going to like the Fobus in the spring/fall or when I can get away with wearing the pullover light weight stuff. I may get a few tips/tricks from a board member on a local CCW forum about how to make it hug the body more, and if I do I'll share 'em with ya'all.

Anyway, thought you'd all be interested.

-Dustin

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
And you didn't post a pic.......why? :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay okay, now my wife thinks I'm REALLY nuts, as I told her there's a forum for EVERYTHING including CC and my hand guns. (I'm on quite a few car and motorcycle forums).

So here we go, a couple with the wind breaker on.

Yup there it is!

I've gained quite a few lbs so this polo doesn't quite conceal by itself at the moment.

And there you have it.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
That looks pretty good !! Is the gun snug in the holster, or does it move around a bit? I've never had one of those rigid holsters before......and thanks for the pics !!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its got a detent almost like a light retention on it. Fits snug where you dont feel it'll fall out but not where its hard to holster.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Well I can tell you all for sure, mine did a little rub mark on the front edge of the slide, and just a bit further back on the loading gate side, but not a mark on the Safety side.
I like it but it does sit a bit far out for CC, unless your using a loose cover garment.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I cut some felt and glued it in the rubbing area and it works just fine. I agree that they are very comfortable but a little harder to conceal. I too suffer from a little to much belly.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
cool, looks petty good.. i'm planing on getting a milpro as well, i'd like fobus to put out a evolution series holster for the milpro, but that dont look to bad.. honestly 99% of the people out there wont even notice it.

i carry a pt92 in a fobus evol holster and it rides lower and is larger then the milpro and no one has noticed it that i did'nt end up telling them it was there.

i had some marks on my trigger guard and bottom of the rail on my 92.. i put some clear coat nail strengthener on it and it solved the problem.. it cleans off with some hoppes solvent.

have'nt tried the felt ideal but that sounds like a good solution too.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
A lot of My bigger friends go to a big and tall mans store and by X-tall t-shirts they are longer and add just the right amount cover

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For reference here's my IWB Hidden Alley tuck-able with a snug shirt and jeans on. It's good, just a little snug for all day carry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts