Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw another poster on another forum talking about their odd-caliber ria so i figured I'd take my .22 tcm 2011 for a walk. I had 5 new magazines and a set of hogue wraparounds to test out along with my now clean ejector that was previously too dirty to function. Filled each mag to 16 rounds twice and they all seem to run fine. Had one issue towards the last of the 250 I shot when the recoil spring plug bent pretty bad. Like someone grabbed the rim with pliers and bent it in. Was catching the spring and causing failure to go into battery but 2 seconds with a rod and hammer and it's back in spec. I think it might have been bouncing out of the bushing being such a slick part on a light recoil spring but I stretched it out a bit so it's in there much tighter now. Never seen anything like that before. Probably going to try to find another plug to keep on hand but it's not a big deal. I don't think it will give me any more issues. Shot two mags at 7 yards and the rest at the bench back at 25 to keep the brass mostly in one spot. Accuracy is great but I was more concerned with keeping a firm grip over keeping the gun steady to be sure I wasn't limp wristing and that all potential issues would be mag related. Thankfully there were none aside from the recoil spring plug. Super happy with these mags. The ejector is back to working great. Seems to be spitting everything a foot back and five feet left into neat little piles now so I'm recovering a lot more brass. Was shooting a shoot-n-c mini man target and everything was on paper shooting pretty fast. I thought the hogue grips would be too thick but they are much thinner than they look. I think those are gonna stay on. Still undecided on the hogues on my single stack. That one seems oddly thick with them on. Took plugs AND earmuffs this time and I'm glad I did. It's still really loud with both. Overall had lots of fun. Now I just have to put off cleaning it for two or three days 😅

Attachments

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
My 22 TCM is a hoot to shoot. Glad you are enjoying yours.

Reactions: Zack856
1 - 2 of 2 Posts