Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new PT1911 on Tuesday and I love it!!! It's heavier than what I thought but it's still awesome!! I took some pictures of it but I believe you have to have X posts before you can post them right? Also can I post pics through my phone(iPhone)?

Hope to get to the range soon but it's too cold to shoot out. Would like to go this weekend!!! Got some Federal 230gr ball ammo ready to go. This is my first pistol I bought. Always wanted a 1911 and it's my first. So it's a nice addition to the armory.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations!

The PT 1911 is a fine weapon!

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
PT1911 C4.JPG Welcome to the best gun forum on earth from Northern Illinois and another very satisfied PT1911 owner/operator. There is a load of information on your pistol here and the stickies have saved data on field and detail stripping and have a lot of the history of the forum as well as the guidelines.

You can post photos right away and we love to see firearm pics! I am not sure of the process on the I Phone though, I am thinking that you will need to save them to a PC and then browse/select file to upload to the thread.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 19452 Welcome to the best gun forum on earth from Northern Illinois and another very satisfied PT1911 owner/operator. There is a load of information on your pistol here and the stickies have saved data on field and detail stripping and have a lot of the history of the forum as well as the guidelines.

You can post photos right away and we love to see firearm pics! I am not sure of the process on the I Phone though, I am thinking that you will need to save them to a PC and then browse/select file to upload to the thread.
Been on this site for about 6+ months. Then decided to join in Nov (says under my name). Anyway I learned a TON from this site. Already stripped it haha. But after readin all the haters and hate stories. I still decided to get it. Because best bag for the buck. I can't wait to go shoot it. Also my Federal M855 5.56NATO came today!!! Can't wait to shoot that stuff off. I was using PMC .223 before. So it's an upgrade for $20 more per case. Worth it. Now got to find some .45 ammo.

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats on the new 1911. As for the pics, you could always upload them to photobucket and just use the IMG tags in your posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome from the Great State of Mississippi and congratulations on your acquisition of the :hail:venerable PT1911 pistol!

I bought one in 2011, and am super-pleased with it!

Please take the time to read the forum rules and guidelines. You will find that the guidelines are fair, reasonable, and sensible; and are in place for the good of all concerned.

Also, each section in this forum contains useful information which can be found in the sticky topics at the top of each section.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Grasshopper1911, congratulation and a wise decision, the PT 1911 does give you the most bang for your buck, what model did you get? and if you don't mind how much $, hope you got a good deal.

Now you have to remember that your new 1911 is like your first car you need to learn how to change the oil, change a tire, jump a dead battery and so forth in other word you own a machine that is mechanical and is force to function as it was design to, it doesn't have a choice they were built by hands back 100 years ago when all things were made by hand so if you have hands and any inhibition to learn how to work on your own equipment the 1911 is doable. The grips are not very fancy but they are of good quality they have an aggressive texture, thin and contoured like none others, most change them out right away, I did also, but my SS PT 1911 is sporting the stock grip now, glad I didn't throw them out. Your 1911 came with a full lenth guid rod which was not on the original design, the advantage that the FLGR has over the original is that you can remove your slide with out removing the barrel bushing just makes it faster and you avoid the probability the the spring plunger shots out and hit you in the face, Good Luck and Enjoy.

Cuban

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats on an excellent purchase.

Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
A Good Choice~ I have a 1911 and it never gave me problem with almost a 1000 rounds in the range.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
Congratulations on the new PT1911. It's ok to shoot it in the cold. I promise. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from the panhandle of Texas.For your iPhone question, Tapatalk is a nice forum app that works with this forum - you can upload pictures using the app too. Tapatalk is laid out very nicely.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats on the piece and welcome.

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
Got my new PT1911 on Tuesday and I love it!!! It's heavier than what I thought but it's still awesome!! I took some pictures of it but I believe you have to have X posts before you can post them right? Also can I post pics through my phone(iPhone)?

Hope to get to the range soon but it's too cold to shoot out. Would like to go this weekend!!! Got some Federal 230gr ball ammo ready to go. This is my first pistol I bought. Always wanted a 1911 and it's my first. So it's a nice addition to the armory.
Welcome to the forum, But i just can't understand what all you people see in a 1911 pistol-LOL
Most all 1911 steel frames are about the same weigth , Taurus makes a Pt1911AL thats about 5-6 opunces lighter than the steel version if you can find one.
its the first picture!, the third picture is a stainless in 38 Super, another nice caliber if you reload.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations. The Taurus PT1911 is a fine firearm that will give you many years of reliable service.

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Very nice...thanks for posting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice...thanks for posting.
Thanks! I was hoping to get out to the range today but the ______ hit the fan. It's going to be 30s for the weekend but I am still goin to go!!!

After reading about these ejectors. Took pics with the phone. Any advice from everyone?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forgot the pics. But after looking it doesn't look like it's right. Or should I just go shoot the thing and see what happens? (I'd like to fix it and make it right if need be)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts