Hi all, new member here. A friend of mine has a Ruger LCP and after handling it and doing a bit of research I decided I wanted the Taurus TCP. I liked the idea of a locking slide, and I read mostly good things about it, especially with the latest revisions. I ended up finding one that was used once at the range. The previous owner had broken her wrist (unrelated), so the kick was too much for her. She traded it to a local shop, and they sold it to me with the Crimson Trace mounted for $300. A few questions:
- She put a neon green camo wrap on it. Not vinyl or sticker, but actually bonded to the surface (a paint of some sort, I'm not terrible familiar with graphics). The shop used carb cleaner to get it off the slide, worked flawlessly. I'm concerned the polycarbonate will get ruined if I try to get it off the grip. Any advice? I may just remove it and reapply a matte black or carbon fiber graphics.
- Was $300 as good a deal as I think?
- What are the best FMJ, and the best hollow rounds for it?
- Any radioactive sights available for it?
- General thoughts on the TCP itself, as well as with the CT laser...