Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting a ccl in a few weeks and needed a gun and after looking around,reading,weighing options I decided to go with the 24/7 pro...even after reading all the rumblings of jamming and not feeding and such...So I go to my simi-local gun show and find one for 379.00 (new) which I thought was an ok price could have been better but it was there and so was I ya'll understand :) went bought rounds for it but 17 through then another 17 got about 6 deep in the next clip and the dreaded jam.....ergh....took me about 5 mins to get it unjammed (the slide wouldn't move it took a little perswading if you follow) got it fixed then finished the other 11 and by the end of the session had put about 120 rounds through it with only the one jam. Guess what I'm asking anyone else seen this problem with a new Taurus I have an idea that it was probley the haggard wally world ammo I was using (100 for like 14.99 or something like that). any ideas? Also it took some perswading to get it apart to clean it but I chalk that up to me haveing no idea what I'm doing (its only my second gun next to the m44)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you clean it first before shooting it? Try some other ammo as well. Also... it's needs some break in time before you pass judgment. See how it's doing after 500 or more rounds.

I use WWB .45 in my 24/7 Pro. It always goes bang for me.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont worrie i'm not passing judgment at all (execpt that i love the gun even with the misfire) no i didnt clean it first trust me i'm not giving up at all

·
Registered
356 Posts
I too just bought a 9mm 24/7 compact - took it to the range Saturday and wrung it out. No failures of any sort. Don't know what to tell you beyond checking the obvious - mechanical defect in the magazine, limp wristing, The Curse Of The Philbert.... OK, just kidding about the last one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I second the "did you clean it first" statement. My PT111 gave me a few ftf the first time out, due to uncleanliness, afterwards she shot like a true champ. Also, check out the internal safety. Make sure the internal lock (not the safety) is completely disengaged. This caused a major lock-up with my 9mm. But I was fortunate and was able to rectify the situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
again i didnt clean it first like i probley should have like i said after it jammed i put about another 100 rounds through it without problem so that might have been the problem (dirtyness) well that and as i've said before the haggard ass wally world ammo! but thanks guys for the suggestions on why i'm stupid (at least firearm stupid at this point!)

·
Registered
173 Posts
metallicats said:
again i didnt clean it first like i probley should have like i said after it jammed i put about another 100 rounds through it without problem so that might have been the problem (dirtyness) well that and as i've said before the haggard ass wally world ammo! but thanks guys for the suggestions on why i'm stupid (at least firearm stupid at this point!)
Stupid is saying "Hey guy look, you wanna see my new gun" while pointing it around muzzle first at everyone :eek:. Asking questions, reading and safe practical application of you new tool is a very smart thing to do.

Have fun ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea I just bought a 24/7 pr0 9mm about a month ago. I paid 388 from Academy so you got a decent deal.

Mine as well had the same issues your had but once I cleaned it I have put about 300 trouble free rounds through it.

If you need help taking it apart you can search u tube and a guy has a video taking his apart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. Lucky. I wish I lived around where you guys do. The cheapest I've been able to find a 24/7 is $399 NIB, with Uncle Sam's share that works out to $426.

Nate

·
Registered
116 Posts
metallicats said:
Yeah bro instead of lube Taurus tends to put preservative on there guns to prevent corrosion, rust. Get yourself one of these kits http://secure.armorholdings.com/kleen-bore/product379.html and you will be good to go my friend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That cheap FMJ winchester ammo that wally world sells will do that to my .45 24/7 as will the cheap reloads at the gun range. Hell, I've actually had some of the wall-mart stuff get hit by the primer and just sit there looking at me.

I wait a good 30 seconds when that happens and slightly rack the slide to re-seat the round and hit the trigger again. It goes off just about every time that way.

I've pulled a few of those rounds out and looked at the primer. The pin always hits strong and dead on. That's only happened with the cheap wally world winchester rounds, but it does happen pretty regularly. I've never had the range reloads or premium ammo do that.

I guess the moral of the story, use the cheap stuff for the range but keep the premium stuff loaded for defense.

Using good ammo, I've never had a misfire or jam unless it was a hollow point.

metallicats said:
So I'm getting a ccl in a few weeks and needed a gun and after looking around,reading,weighing options I decided to go with the 24/7 pro...even after reading all the rumblings of jamming and not feeding and such...So I go to my simi-local gun show and find one for 379.00 (new) which I thought was an ok price could have been better but it was there and so was I ya'll understand :) went bought rounds for it but 17 through then another 17 got about 6 deep in the next clip and the dreaded jam.....ergh....took me about 5 mins to get it unjammed (the slide wouldn't move it took a little perswading if you follow) got it fixed then finished the other 11 and by the end of the session had put about 120 rounds through it with only the one jam. Guess what I'm asking anyone else seen this problem with a new Taurus I have an idea that it was probley the haggard wally world ammo I was using (100 for like 14.99 or something like that). any ideas? Also it took some perswading to get it apart to clean it but I chalk that up to me haveing no idea what I'm doing (its only my second gun next to the m44)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts