Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the Sig Sauer web site....they have 9MM 115gr FMJ in stock. $16.10 for a box of 50. They must have a bunch, the limit is 40 boxes.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I just checked and that is good price for FMJ but it is showing $49.99 now for JHP ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just checked and it is showing $49.99 now for JHP ?
JHP is 49.99........FMJ is 16.95. When I checked out the price showed 16.10 per box for FMJ...guess I got a discount as a returning customer, and free shipping with a minimum.

now says only 1 left in stock

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now out of stock!! that didn't last long

·
Registered
14 Posts
OUR LGS has plenty of ammo but it's going up. Yesterday Winchester whitebox 9MM FMJ was 16.99. Magtech .38 special LRN was 18.99 and American Eagle 5.56 FMJ was 11.99 with no limits. A couple of weeks ago it was all a dollar or two cheaper All their ammo shelves are full of 9MM and 5.56/.223 and a rack of .22's. Anything else you have to ask for. Lots and lots of new and used guns. Probably 30 AR's in the racks and more in the back. Those are expensive tho. Everything else is reasonable.

·
Registered
36,093 Posts
I just checked my ammo cabinet to be sure and yep plenty still in stock, 22 LR, 17 HMR,, 223/556, 300 BO, 380, 9 MM, 38 Super, 10 MM, 45 acp, 12 gauge both FMJ and self defense rounds.

Reactions: brojohn

·
Registered
557 Posts
Out of stock. I hope Teledoc will do ammo counseling online.

·
Super Moderator
19,680 Posts
Reactions: paulky_2000

·
Registered
36,093 Posts
Out of stock. I hope Teledoc will do ammo counseling online.
Try Kalifornia Phychics they have always been top notch for me------

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Cabela's has (had?) Sig V-Crown HP in 124gr 9mm for 14.99 a box of 20...as far as I noticed they didn't specify a limit on boxes

·
Registered
948 Posts
It has been a long time since I bought ANY ammo, but when I did have to buy 9mm... Standard pressure HST 147 grain was my carry load in summer and the same in +P in winter. Still do that today.

For practice rounds, I bought American Eagle 147 grain FMJ. Same company and very similar ballistics to the carry load as to velocity, accuracy and feel.

I don't remember what I paid for the last 1000 round case of AE 9mm, but given that it was very close to my summer carry round, it was worth a *little* extra to me. :)

I just about quit buying 115 grain and only rarely bought 124 grain ammo because the ballistics were so much different than my standard carry loads.

Of course, to each their own. I did not and still don't shoot competition. I only go to the range (used to anyway) to practice SD drills, so having a practice load very similar to my carry load just seems logical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$49.99 now for a box of 50 FMJ and $19.99 for a box of 20 JHP. 4x times the normal cost, no thanks. This is just like the toilet paper panic buying that went on for a month. I see a lot of people, not business's - regular people on Gun Broker cashing in on the price gouging train. I've been through a natural disaster and to me price gougers rank down there with pedophiles, maybe even lower. I wouldn't give them the sweat of my b***s if they were choking on a peanut butter sandwich in the middle of the desert. At least Taurus sold me my gun at MSRP and not triple.

And people stocking up on ammo because they think CW2 is going to start, *SMDH. First off you have to survive long enough to use all that ammo. I do not care how good of a shot you are or how much range time you have, you're not that good. Unless you are a former SEAL, Ranger, Delta, CCT or Force Recon, you're not living long.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
$49.99 now for a box of 50 FMJ and $19.99 for a box of 20 JHP. 4x times the normal cost, no thanks. This is just like the toilet paper panic buying that went on for a month. I see a lot of people, not business's - regular people on Gun Broker cashing in on the price gouging train. I've been through a natural disaster and to me price gougers rank down there with pedophiles, maybe even lower. I wouldn't give them the sweat of my b***s if they were choking on a peanut butter sandwich in the middle of the desert. At least Taurus sold me my gun at MSRP and not triple.

And people stocking up on ammo because they think CW2 is going to start, *SMDH. First off you have to survive long enough to use all that ammo. I do not care how good of a shot you are or how much range time you have, you're not that good. Unless you are a former SEAL, Ranger, Delta, CCT or Force Recon, you're not living long.
Pardon my ignorance, but CW2 stands for what?

·
Registered
36,093 Posts
CW2 = civil war 2 (the sequel) or to some AR2 (american revolution 2)
I am just hoping that there will be a statue of me erected in the town square and lots of people will begin to argue, fight in discussions to remove it and i will be remembered for many, many decades.

Reactions: dennisturner

·
Registered
778 Posts
I am just hoping that there will be a statue of me erected in the town square and lots of people will begin to argue, fight in discussions to remove it and i will be remembered for many, many decades.

What? You want an erect statue of yourself so you can be remembered for decades? :wall:

·
Registered
36,093 Posts
What? You want an erect statue of yourself so you can be remembered for decades? :wall:
EXACTLY and i want it to remain even when its 200 years old as well!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts