Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS the title reads, I'm curious as to how many of you carry or even own a Boutique Colored firearm. I'm not talking the dark earth brown or even the grey. Heck I'm not even including the BBQ colored stainless with gold or black with stainless finish.

I'm talking of colors like Aqua, Purple, Mint Green, White, Orange, Pretty Pink, which have come to market as single color offerings as well as camo or digital patterns.

I will admit that I considered one a time of two, not because I like the look but rather the price was almost too good to pass up. I won a White and stainless TCP a couple of years back, and upon picking it up the color combination wore poorly one me. I ended up selling it to a gentleman who was looking for one to use as a display for his newly formed company doing Duracoat finishes. He changed it to a nice desert dark earth or some such color.

Heck, thinking back I do own one. It's a Ruger 10/22 stainless barrel with a pink Hogue rubber stock.....make that two of them. I purchased them to be handed down to grand daughters when the time is right to teach them how to shoot. In my defense the price was right at $200 for a stainless 10/22 with 2 magazines. I could overlook the pink stock since they were for girls and the Hogue stock is lighter than the standard wood stock Ruger uses.

I even thought of picking up a third and changing out the stock to a convertible stock and trick out the rifle a bit to a more custom plinker. After all the Ruger 10/22 has an aftermarket for accessories that is as large as GLOCK parts and pieces.

So, like I mentioned. What ya got, I'm not here to judge.....OH, there's a thought, a Rainbow finish Judge...LOL!!! Yes, I jest!!!

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is blue/black/stainless boutique? The revolvers have different colored grips.:confused::p
Grips are more of an accessory used the help highlight or tone down a particular area of the piece. Such as "black" is said to be a more slimming color. So if your revolver has a big butt, black grips would make it appear easier to conceal and less intimidation in public.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
None here. However, according to TH my Greek Fisherman's wool cap is a bit gay. LOL

·
23,103 Posts
I was never much into them, but my wife and I have been kicking around the idea of a motorcycle that would be good for two-up riding. We've decided on a color scheme, and when we were in Bass Pro a month or two ago we saw that exact scheme. Well, a good husband doesn't say "no" when his wife asks him to buy a pistol, so...

DSC08194.JPG

I haven't carried either yet - the 380 ended up becoming hers, so I got the 9mm as well - but I will. And I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of my first Kimber(s). We like these colors because they are so classic Americana.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Nope!
This is about as radical as i get on the finishes.

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
My wife has a purple Sig Mosquito. My PT1911 is kind of a confederate gray because it's an aluminum frame. Other than that, I would only own a gun in black, stainless, olive drab, or earth brown.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I hate to beat a dead horse but kilt. He wears a kilt.
That's the other "G" word....................................Gauche !! LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would buy one if it were really cheap. One color scheme that I like even less than the bright colors is the desert tan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,877 Posts
The limit of my foofoo is stainless steel. Although I do have one competition Witness that has a gold trigger.

My peeve with the arty guns is that I remember the big deal we went through years ago that wound up putting (ugly) orange tips on toy guns so that kids wouldn't get shot by accident (only shoot them on purpose???).
Now we've got real guns that look more like toys than the toy guns do. Nowadays I wouldn't let an orange tip slow my reactions, would you?

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
Wife has the purple Bersa 380 and I guess I can include my AR as it's copper colored.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The only colors I have besides black, blue and stainless are:
Glock 19, Gen4 in sand
XDS 3.3, 9mm in FDE
Spike's Tactical AR with a bit of ODG

No FOO-FOO colors for this guy!!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts