Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought the taurus pt840C my first choice was actually the walther pps but i was not able to find the walther so i started looking at other guns. I started off with the smith & wesson m&p 40 which i shot pretty well. The next gun i shot was a glock 17 hated it sorry if you like glock i just didnt enjoy shooting the 17 then i picked up the taurus pt840 C felt just right in my hands and even better when i shot it very accurate and reliable (so far).. This made me happy because my girlfriends dad hates taurus so i proceeded to buy the gun and like i imagined it pissed him off so all in all couldnt be happier with this gun....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congratuations, and welcome to the forum (and the world of Taurus)!
Had to laugh at your "social reasons" with your GF's dad, but I figure there's more to it than you're obviously telling us!
I understand about the Glock - I don't have a problem with the gun, just the ergonomics, especially the grip, doesn't gel with me.
My PT809 fits like a glove, and love it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congratulations on the new gun. I have the same in a 9mm (809-C) and couldn't be happier with it. I personally do not care for Glocks, but don't hate em either. Not sure why people hate Taurus pistols...???!!....maybe they've never shot em. Anyway Welcome to the forum from Oregon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill get some pics up soon the gun is great love it and i just like to mess with her dad hes a die hard smith fan i was at the range recently with the gf and she has a smith and wesson 38 revolver (guess who bought it?) and she has trouble gripping the gun and i took her to look at some 380's she immediatly went for the black and pink taurus acp i think it is and proceeded to say she loved the way it feels in her hand and the way it looks i found this HILARIOUS

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. I love my 809. I know what you mean about the Glock, it feels like i am holding a brick in my hand, the grip is not very ergonomic.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Welcome. And we'll be interested in that saga of you and the gf and her dad. I predict some interesting stories.

Good choice on the gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
CONGRATS on the PT840c!!!

I also recently purchased the PT840c. I was looking to buy the M&P .40. The local gunshop had a 9mm M&P but it just didn't feel right in my hands. I saw the Taurus and when I held it I knew that it was gonna be my next gun! My neighbor has one and a while back I shot his and absolutely loved the way it felt, the control is excellent! and this thing is super quick when you just wanna rapid fire a few times,lol. I also love the trigger. I know what you mean about your GF's dad. Some folks are just die-hard fans of one or the other. I also like Smiths but hey.......... I like a lot of different manufacturers! Folks that speak bad of Taurus or another maker are just silly to me. In my opinion Taurus makes a superior product. They are well made, the craftsmanship is spot on and they are darn good looking guns! And with a LIFETIME WARRANTY you can't go wrong!! Dollar for dollar Taurus is one of the best manufacturers in the biz. Go out n have some fun with your 840c buddy, let her old man piss n moan then if he will just let him shoot a mag. or 2, I think he will like it. I'm fixin to do a little shooting tomorrow. I printed up a bunch of targets n gonna kill an afternoon doing what we love to do..................... shoot n shoot some more. Have fun fellers n God bless

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently just bought the taurus pt840C my first choice was actually the walther pps but i was not able to find the walther so i started looking at other guns. I started off with the smith & wesson m&p 40 which i shot pretty well. The next gun i shot was a glock 17 hated it sorry if you like glock i just didnt enjoy shooting the 17 then i picked up the taurus pt840 C felt just right in my hands and even better when i shot it very accurate and reliable (so far).. This made me happy because my girlfriends dad hates taurus so i proceeded to buy the gun and like i imagined it pissed him off so all in all couldnt be happier with this gun....
Ive shot all 3 of those guns and the m&p had a bit more recoil than my 840c and the pps was a lot more. Good choice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts