Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Again I was relaxing poking around Gunbroker while sipping on a nice scotch (I should know better by now) when this beautiful Sig Sauer P238 Sport model with two mags (one is 7 round extended), holster, rear night sights, front TruGlo, a holster and a case suddenly reached out and seduced me into making a bid on it. Honest, it's not my fault I love nice guns! It could be a much worse obsession. So much to my delight I won it at a very low price. I only wish Taurus would make such a pistol like the Sig P238 and the Colt Mustang it's cloned from. Thanks for your empathy on this matter.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Scotch and Gun Broker does not mix! Thank goodness I've never won any of the auctions I've mixed that with!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scotch and Gun Broker does not mix! Thank goodness I've never won any of the auctions I've mixed that with!
Thanks for your kind understanding of my afflictions. But it hasn't been all bad as I got some great prices on guns being more willing to deal after a few doses of the "Water of Life" as it were. Then again, I'm getting to the point of having more guns than I can reasonably shoot and clean in one week's time. Such a problem, huh?

·
Registered
36,606 Posts
I am sure that you will enjoy yours as well as I have mine!
Just FYI, you can buy Colt Mustang magazines(they offer a extended mag as well) at a much lower price than the Sig mags, and they are the same magazine.
actually I believe that CDNN now sales Metalform magazines ( they make Colt mags) now for even a better price.
And finally I would highly suggest that you try ona set of the Hogue rubber grips for the Sig 238, they make a great gun even better in my opinion,actually Sig offers these grips on many of the 238 models now.
enjoy and post some pictures.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Enjoy the new Sig!

Yeah I don't drink whiskey and shop... I learned my lesson! :D

Reactions: darbo and Texheim

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrighty then... Here's photos from the Gunbroker listing of this P238:

Attachments

Reactions: shiftace and darbo

·
Registered
36,606 Posts
OK!
Nice looking little bang stick you bought there!
and it already has the hogue grip on it, you will like that with the palm swell it just fits the hand great!
Haven't saw that exact model in person!
Nice!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK!
Nice looking little bang stick you bought there!
and it already has the hogue grip on it, you will like that with the palm swell it just fits the hand great!
Haven't saw that exact model in person!
Nice!
Oh man.. Thanks dude! Sometimes scotch does me some good. But then there was that time...

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sig makes some pretty weapons .... enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a great little gun that you're going to enjoy. I've had mine for three years without a hiccup. Shoot it (often) in good health.
DSC_0027.JPG

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thanks for your kind understanding of my afflictions. But it hasn't been all bad as I got some great prices on guns being more willing to deal after a few doses of the "Water of Life" as it were. Then again, I'm getting to the point of having more guns than I can reasonably shoot and clean in one week's time. Such a problem, huh?
Doesn't sound like a problem more like a Labor-Of-Love:D

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Nice pistol and no morning after regrets! :D Best of both worlds!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Grats! What isn't to love about a gun that is basically a mini 1911! :D You will love it, they are great little shooters!

·
Registered
200 Posts
My wife just got a Sig 938. Same frame, just 9mm instead of .380. Great trigger and very good sights.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
congrats on your new pistol also the colt mustang trigger spring made by wolf springs will drop that trigger pull to about 5lbs

jhp

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
You can find a similar Taurus if you get lucky. Here is my PT938c. The 709 is for size comparison. Congrats on the new gun!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts