Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any negative feedback? Little too late, but picked up a 2002 Trailblazer in IMMACULATE condition for $9k today, with extended service contract, LT package minus leather, and 130k ... I walked out the door for $10,5

I like it, rides great and drives even better ... gas mileage average for the 130k is 19.8, so not too bad. I was seeing upper 20's most of today driving around.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I had an '04 TrailBlazer LT. Liked it, but it ate up gas like a big block V-8. And it was the 275 HP V-6. Nice ride for a truck though. Your mileage is a bit on the high side.
Good luck with it. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Sholiz. Going to be posting pics of your new purchase soon? :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Do we want to know how you removed the wheel?

Steelheart

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Steelheart said:
Do we want to know how you removed the wheel?

Steelheart
Sure! It was the paint remover that was used on the fender and doors.

The wife was just entering traffic on the interstate. It was a rainy day and she hydroplaned at the bottom of the onramp. Lost control. Crossed both lanes of traffic, through the grass ditch median, across one lane of oncoming traffic and collided with a tractor trailer.

Luckily no one was injured. Not a scratch, not a bruise. I credit alot of that to the Trailblazer. If she had been in a car, the truck may have gone over the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck with your TB!

I own a '03 TB LTZ, Black & Pewter...Love the thing. The straight 6 has the power of an 8, especially with 275 hp, who wouldnt want that. I tow my 20' Wellcraft boat w/o a problem and its great in the snow (with the right set of tires) Factory tires were crap, changed over to Toyo Open Country, love em.

Dr. Venkmar, glad your wife was okay in that accident!!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks, Larry.

I just wanted to say that I really loved the TrailBlazer. It was/is a good truck. It has room for someone of my size (6'4") and can still be comfortable. (Back seats, not so much) It handles good and runs great. If I were to buy another SUV in that price range, I would definitely want a TrailBlazer.

Sholiz, I hope you enjoy your truck. I think you will. (Sorry that I sorta hijacked your thread)

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
I owned an 05 Envoy, basically the same SUV. Loved it, but when it was raining and I'd hit a puddle, the steering wheel would occasionally reverb something fierce - almost like losing control of the vehicle for a second or two. I only got 16 mpg and decided I had to trade it for something more economical or eat a bullet at Quik Trip........wise choice, if I do say so myself

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Trailblazer LT with 104,000 miles. I replaced an oxygen sensor, changed the oil and filter regularly and am on the 3rd set of tires. I want to drive it until I get tired of the color. I am going to replace the brakes, shocks, belt, wires, plugs, etc. as it has earned them. Mine has always averaged 19.0 mpg (nothing more-nothing less) but, I always run at least 8 mph over the limit. Good Luck with yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts