Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a really nice PT917. I would like to find a nice front fiber optic sight. Anyone have any ideas where I might find one. I'm also looking for a factory 20rd magazine. Thanks in advance...:D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, and congratulations on your acquisition of the new PT917!

We'd love to see a pic or two of your new prize. ;)

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Best place to find the mag might be from Taurus themselves, the 917 is one of the oddballs that don't have a ton of accessories floating around for it specifically. You might want to look at sights for the PT-92 series and see if they will fit since it has the open slide configuration.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Good luck on this deal, as this pistol is discontinued. If you find one, please report back here as I'd like to buy a fiber optic front sight for my 917c in stainless.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure about the sight, but I could swear I've seen one somewhere. Of course, I was probably looking at PT 92 sights, and assuming they would work (which may be inaccurate).

The factory 19-round magazines can be found at CheaperThanDirt, but you may even consider picking up the Mec Gar 20-rounders. The reviews typically suggest that MecGars perform even better than factory mags.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The sight used to be made by Hi Viz, but when I called them a while ago, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I'm still trying to confirm if there is a a compatible Beretta part. I know it is heresy to say so, but I acually prefer the grip on the 917 to the 92. Those finger grooves are GREAT. I wish Taurus would make that the next 'upgrade' to the 92, like they made the special edition 101P.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sight used to be made by Hi Viz, but when I called them a while ago, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I'm still trying to confirm if there is a a compatible Beretta part. I know it is heresy to say so, but I acually prefer the grip on the 917 to the 92. Those finger grooves are GREAT. I wish Taurus would make that the next 'upgrade' to the 92, like they made the special edition 101P.
The Megar 20rd plus 2 mag came in today. I took the new 917 to the range. The mag loaded easily, and feed flawlessly. I highly recommend this one.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The Megar 20rd plus 2 mag came in today. I took the new 917 to the range. The mag loaded easily, and feed flawlessly. I highly recommend this one.
Yep. I've had no trouble from mine, and they work just as well in the 92 also. I just wish they had done a better job shaping the base pad to blend as well as the factory, but at least they work. :D

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
You may want to try these

Jim
Already have the 'non-pimp :D ' version of those on my 92, but they could make the grip too big for those with smaller hands. The 'grooves' on the 917 are contoured on the front strap of the frame, as you can see in the pic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice looking gun! I love the big and shiny's with the gold trim. I have the 1911 in stainless and gold!

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I own a 917cs and have replaced the grips with Hogue tulipwood grips. It's identical to the 92. What do you think the differences are?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts