Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to Taurus guns. I just bought a used PT92 AF for $300 out the door. Came with only 1 15 round magazine. I took it home and gave it a good cleaning and lubed it up. I put 400 rounds thru it and it worked great.
I just put Hogue G10 grips on it and bought 4 Mec Gar 18 round magazines.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Congrats. I've had mine about a year. Gave about what you did for it. Outstanding firearm IMO. My grips came from Thailand.

Reactions: Okie21

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois and congrats on the new pistol. Mine is more accurate than I can achieve and you will really like those Mec Gar magazines. I have two in addition to the OEM 17 rounders it shipped with. I also have the Thailand guy's grips on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Yes, Welcome to the forum and welcome to the PT92 family. Mine is a PT92C and is pictured in my sig.

·
Administrator
18,422 Posts
Congratulations on your new-to-you PT92 and may it serve you well! :smile:

My PT92 has served me very well, since July of 1992, and continues soldiering on!
My PT92 has Pachmayr Finger Groove Grips and an Enterprise Arms Ghost Ring Rear Sight installed.
Unfortunately, I no longer have my Pics of it, but I will take new ones, soon.

·
9,106 Posts
Welcome to the best gun forum on the web. The PT92 is an excellent choice, it is IMO the most reliable pistol Taurus makes. Nice grips as well.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Great choice, congrats! You will love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Welcome to the sight and congrats on picking up a great gun. I've owned a PT99 since 1987. Has never disappointed me.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the best internet gun club! 92s are fine guns! Love em.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,172 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you 92. The PT-92 is pretty much a staple in the collections of many Taurus Owners. They are history proven to be reliable in function and shooting precision.

And Welcome to the T/A Family which has some of the greatest women and men in the world. As you will find in time this is a place of friendship not just firearms.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the new to you pistol! The G10 grips add a lot to the good looks of the gun.
The G10's are a good upgrade. The looks are a bonus, but I need them for the improved grip. I have smallish hands for a guy. I emailed Hogue Grips and asked if they were thinner than stock. I was told they were, but I don't see much difference. But the material is an improvement.

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
The G10's are a good upgrade. The looks are a bonus, but I need them for the improved grip. I have smallish hands for a guy. I emailed Hogue Grips and asked if they were thinner than stock. I was told they were, but I don't see much difference. But the material is an improvement.

I had the same issue with mine and the OEM plastic grips. I put the Hogue grips on first and then switched to the wood panels.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Welcome and congratulations - Now start your search for a companion PT58. (You gotta have both, you know...)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Try finding aftermarket grips for a PT92C! It's like trying to find magazines.

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another range day. 200 more rounds thru it. But I had about 4 stovepipes. I was shooting Winchester Golden Saber JHP 124gr and Fed American Eagle FMJ 124gr. I used this ammo on my 1st range trip with no issues.
I checked the serial # on the Taurus website and the gun was made in 1995. I did a little internet search and I think I should replace the recoil spring. Does this sound like a good place to start?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts