Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The P-64 is a stout little gun. $379 seems high until you figure in shipping and FFL fees. The ones I see come with one mag, and Wolff springs come recommended on these guns. The sight work sounds interesting. All that stuff adds up. I like the 9x18's myself. Congrats.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Nice P-64, reminds me of mine without all the same holster wear. It was my first carry pistol, and even though 9x18 is hard to find locally I keep it ready just in case. I think mine came to roughly $300 when I bought it with 2 mags and a gigantic shoulder holster for what had to be like a .44 magnum or other long barreled revolver. So far it's been good to me, and my only complaint is the price of ammo since the only thing I tend to find is Sellier & Bollier brass. It actually prefers running steel cased ammo most of all.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice. You'll like her. As for the price I don't think you did too bad. You got some nice upgrades and most of all you are happy with what you paid and that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have purchased 9x18 from Sportsmans Guide; they usually have decent prices when it is in stock.

9x18 Pistol Ammo | 9x18 Handgun Ammo At Sportsman's Guide

ALL Currently OUT OF STOCK.
(you can sign up for an email alert when it arrives - click "Notify Me")

Other than Hornady JHP, and WWB all of the other ammo has quantity discounts available.

FYI all of the cheap imported ammo worked fine in my FEG 9x18; just clean it well, especially the chamber.
The WWB (below) is not worth double the imported ammo.

Hornady® Pistol 9x18 Makarov® 95 Grain JHP / XTP 25 rounds
Buyer's Club
$15.48

Non-Member $16.29

-----------------

50 rounds Tulammo® 9mm Makarov (9x18) 92 - grain FMJ Ammo
Buyer's Club
$12.82

Non-Member $13.49

--------------

Brown Bear® 9x18 MAK 94 - grain FMJ Ammo, 50 rounds

Buyer's Club
$11.87

Non-Member $12.49

---------------------------------------------

Winchester® USA Handgun WinClean® 9x18 Makarov 95 Grain FMJ 50 rounds
Buyer's Club
$21.65
Non-Member $22.79

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
The Polish P-64 is a well made, reliable little carry piece.

The only negative thing anyone could every say about them is they have a heavy D/A trigger pull.

But that can be said of the twice as expensive Walther PPK line too.

Congratulations on your P-64...ENJOY!
:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If the P-64 is like my old IJ-70 .380 I had years ago(Russian Mak rebarreled for .380), you can buy the different springs to change the trigger pull. I had mine down to a 5lb DA pull and a paltry 1lb SA pull(with the usual Russian trigger slack before engagement). IIRC, there is a "fluff-n-buff" trick for the trigger as well.

Nice score. Silver Bear used to make a decent 95gr HP for those at one time. Haven't seen it lately.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts