Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
If that Church didn't have security, and no one was armed, what would have happened?
[/quote]

+ 1 I sure it would have been much worse. :'(

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well apparently, our church here, was already doing the security thing. Armed off duty officers who are part of the congregation, and part of the church security division.

I kind of figured there were, but it is nice to know for sure.

·
Registered
663 Posts
JRShaw said:
It has been pointed out many times that a mix of truth and error is the mightiest weapon there is. Another sad part of this story is that this guy was partially right. Religious wars have been frequent, bloody and ruthless, even when prosecuted by Christians. Perhaps most of this kind of evil has been done by those who are Christians in name only.

Religion is a powerful thing. Unfortunately many in "upper echelons" are there for a power trip. It's easier to power up in Christian circles, because those who AREN'T on power trips are often easily pushed around.

So we see two extremes. Those who are into churches to get rich and/or control a lot of people. And those are similarly motivated but are less capable of empire building and/or are mentally unstable. The former bleed you slowly and analogically. The latter sometimes bleed you literally.

Of the remaining ones there are two categories, those who are just going through the motions because of the expectations of others and those who are real. The latter are described in the last day prophecies as a mere remnant.

The non-remnant (majority)? With friends like that, top, middle and bottom categories, who needs enemies? But it is being made very obvious that some are more immediately dangerous than others.

JimL

·
Registered
541 Posts
I carry 99.5 % of the time. You can stick your sign. My guns are concealed, nobody can tell I'm armed. If I need it I have it. If I don't (so far never have) who cares?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dave said:
I carry 99.5 % of the time. ...................
Cant be true..........you are sleep for at least four hours and dont carry..........what about taking a shower or using the toilet and eating.........I am sure you dont carry during this time also.........so this makes it not possible for someone to carry 99.5% of the TIME :)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
kashdaddy said:
Cant be true..........you are sleep for at least four hours and dont carry..........what about taking a shower or using the toilet and eating.........I am sure you dont carry during this time also.........so this makes it not possible for someone to carry 99.5% of the TIME :)
Ok The gun is at your side, not on you when you sleep. :rolleyes: Close enough. As to the BR visits, if your in the house you might take it off, :-\ however if your out working or with wife at dinner you don't in the Rest. BR.

It is apparent the the other poster takes quick showers just like I do. :mad:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe they were talking about 99.5% of the time they are awake, conscious, alert, etc.?

I know of some people that carry while sleeping.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
It's kind of like a spare tire in your trunk or under your vehicle. You don't just carry it those times you feel like you may get a flat. "Hmmm, like there may be some nails in the Home Depot parking lot today I think I'll take the spare tire."

You don't know when the threat will come and the sanctuary of a place of worship means nothing to those who don't value life at all.

When I'm not carrying it's always within easy reach. When I sleep the 12 gauge is within easy reach and any perp best not disturb me while I'm sleepin'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts