Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife got a little mad at me the other day when i sat down for dinner and the metal clip on my iwb holster put a nice scratch in the chair back. Well i have been trying to think of a way to not let that happen again and may have thought of a way. I took some electrical heat shrink tubing i have at work and shrunk on the ends of the clips and trimmed to fit. I guess time will tell if they hold up to normal wear.
IMAG0242.jpg IMAG0243.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe you have found a solution. They should hold up fine for a month or so depending on how often you slide it down the chair. But it will be quick and easy to replace and you sure don't want a mad wife.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good idea. If it seems to wear quickly, might try plasticdip. I have some I was going to use for something, but have not done it yet, so not sure if it would be more durable or not.

·
Super Moderator
36,799 Posts
Shrink tubing is pretty tough stuff. Wear points may prove to be the edges if they are at all sharp. When/if you need to re-apply maybe round them off some with emery cloth or a stone. Let us know how they wear!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well so far no noticable wear at all. Seems to be holding up well.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's a lot cheaper and easier to replace the shrink tube than the wife ...

Reactions: MOPAR188

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow great idea. My truck leather seat is already in rough shape, or I would have been more concerned about the metal clips on my holster.

Just ordered another one from Tommy Theis (just got the CT for my 709 so needed another anyway), and opted to try his kydex clips this time for that reason.

If I don't like them, I just might copy your idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts