Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a question for those that live in Texas. I'm not sure if it is a valid question for other states.

Can I have a loaded pistol in my car without a CCL? If it stays in my car is it considered concealed?

Administrator
Yes. If you can legally purchase and own a firearm. There are few restrictions. You might want to google, the Motorists Protection Act of 2009.

Registered
Yes, you can have a loaded handgun in your personal vehicle. But it must be concealed in the vehicle, ie: glove box, center console compartment, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - The MPA..answered the question.

Registered
Yes, you can have a loaded handgun in your personal vehicle. But it must be concealed in the vehicle, ie: glove box, center console compartment, etc.
In my home and native state, the laws are the exact opposite, if you do not have a concealed carry permit,
you can carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle but it can not be concealed. It's funny how each different state
approaches Second Amendment issues and make laws contrary to the ones that other states make.

Registered
In PA where I am from, if I do not have a permit to carry, and I just bought a new gun and ammo from the store, I have to transport the gun in the car and have the ammo in the trunk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got another unrelated question. On the left of the screen there is a icon that varies..First Lieutenent...General of the Army...Second Lieutenent....are these icons based on number of posts or are these real military rankings? I know this isn't where to post this.....

Registered
In MO the Castle Doctorine covers you at home and in your car so no CCW required for car and iirc you can conceal it or not - same as your living room. This really IS a state thing. Now if I cross the border I have to run my gun through a wood chipper AND carry the parts in a safe in the trunk. Ammo must be disassembled AND you may not have a reloaded in the same vehicle!! Arg!

Registered
I got another unrelated question. On the left of the screen there is a icon that varies..First Lieutenent...General of the Army...Second Lieutenent....are these icons based on number of posts or are these real military rankings? I know this isn't where to post this.....
They're tied to post count. Your first promotion will occur at 1000 posts.

You can carry 100% legally in your car in the Lone Star State as long as its concealed. It's an extension of your home or "castle".

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

Administrator
They're tied to post count. Your first promotion will occur at 1000 posts.

You can carry 100% legally in your car in the Lone Star State as long as its concealed. It's an extension of your home or "castle".
Actually Texas Castle law, and the MPA, are two different animals.

Registered
Actually Texas Castle law, and the MPA, are two different animals.
Notice his rank totally busts mine and that's why this forum is so great; great information. You need to do your own research but the number of extremely knowledgable and current/former law enforcement folks here is great. Love for the military too guys and gals.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts