Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just signed up and wanted to say hi. My brother has owned many Taurus firearms over the years but I am fairly new to them. I bought a TCP .380 a year ago for summer carry and loved it do much I bought a PT709 to be my everyday carry and gave my TCP to my wife. The TCP is great and I love it. I have never had a problem with it. I can't say that for my PT709 though. I bought it from Gander Mountain only because all my regular dealers were out of guns. I mean there was 15 handguns in the whole place. Thank you Obama. Anyway, The sales guy never let me see the gun. It was still in the plastic bag covered in grease. He never even got it out and checked it. Well when I got home to clean it I noticed the machining on the slide was all messed up. The slde was longer than the frame by a 1/16 of an inch on one side and just stuck out a bit on the other. So one side was machined longer than the other. Also the machining for the backplate was off and the backplate was twisted in the slide. Also the slide grip cuts on the slide were all uneven on one side. Some were shorter and almost unexistant. I called Gander and they basicaly told me since I did not buy their warranty to beat it. Not that a gun with a lifetime warranty needs an extended warranty anyway. So I called Taurus and they sent me a packing slip to send it in. I did and got an email in about three days saying they recieved my handgun and would process it in about 6 weeks. It has been six weeks and still no gun. I called customer service and they said it needs a complete slide assembly but it is on backorder and do not know when it will be in. I can understand a part breaking on a gun after shooting it but my gun should have never left the plant in the condition it was. I mean someone really dropped the ball or just didnt care. I would like to know how is passed quality control being in such bad shape. I understand it isn't a $2000 custom 1911 but I have never seen a gun with such bad workmanship. I spend over $300 on a gun and havn't even got to shoot it. I am very dissapointed and don't think I will ever buy another Taurus firarm again. I am still going to talk with the manager at Gander and give her what for but that is another issue. Anyone have any ideas as to why my gun was so screwed up and as to why it is taking so long to get parts. It doesn't talk this long to ship from Brazil.

Thanks

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
=^}

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida. Sorry I can't help with your 709 issue, but I am sure that Taurus will.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,241 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome from NY, home of Remington Arms, the longest continuous manufacturer of guns in America! Hang in there. Hopefully in the end you will be happy but for now you are right to be PO-d.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I never seen a gun shop were you go and buy a gun and they not let you look over it. I know you cant dry fire in some but not look at it I wouldn't have bought it.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses & counting!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;; Sorry about the problems with your 709 but Taurus will fix it.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

I can understand your frustration, but assure you that Taurus will make it right. In the ideal world everything would be made perfect, but the fact is we do not live in the Ideal World. You will find good and bad units no matter what brand you buy be it a Yugo or a Rolls Royce. Believe me I have worked both sides of this fence!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"I am very dissapointed and don't think I will ever buy another Taurus firarm again."

Hmm...Okay. :wave:

Reactions: Snug9mm

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Welcome from Iowa! Sorry about your trouble.. I would have insisted that I take a look at that gun before I bought it! They'll make it right though...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts