Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss was leaving work yesterday, just after me...Ha. A woman needed a jump, battery was dead. He didn't have any cables, so he saw a 2nd shifter coming in and waved him over. He asks, do you have jumper cables? 2nd shifter says yes I do, gets them out and says, but I don't know how to put them on. How can you keep a straight face with that answer? What does he think they are in his vehicle for? Sorry, just venting and the old saying is true, "you can't fix stupid". By the way, his nickname at work is the "overgrown fifth grader".

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Everybody knows their for "jumping off bridges" ; )...

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I work with a guy like that.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I got my wife a great set. They have a great diagram on the case, plus you connect the clamps to each vehicle and THEN you plug the two cables together. It really makes for a much more comfortable experience for people not expereinced in this. When I was in high school, I was conscientious enough to turn my headlights on during overcast weather, but not smart enogh to turn them off when I got to my destination. So before I had a car with a "dummy bell" to remind me to turn my lights of, I got lots of practice.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I can relate to that, but that is another story for another time....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, at least give the poor guy credit for actually having the needed jumper cables. Just sayin'.:rolleyes:

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Banned
893 Posts
My boss was leaving work yesterday, just after me...Ha. A woman needed a jump, battery was dead. He didn't have any cables, so he saw a 2nd shifter coming in and waved him over. He asks, do you have jumper cables? 2nd shifter says yes I do, gets them out and says, but I don't know how to put them on. How can you keep a straight face with that answer? What does he think they are in his vehicle for? Sorry, just venting and the old saying is true, "you can't fix stupid". By the way, his nickname at work is the "overgrown fifth grader".
I can see you do not like this person very much, anyway it is not common knowledge to know how to use them "correctly" you do not just jump in there and hook red to red and black to black, this will result in killing the "jumpers" battery cells slowly, you must ground the jumpees cables and not through the battery. I will never jump someones car off, not everyone says NO to giving a jump.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I used to always have a set in my Jimmy as well as a tow strap, but I found I didn't feel guilty about leaving someone stranded if I didn't carry them anymore. Besides, in my younger single years, not having them might just be a good way to offer a lady a ride and get to know her if she wasn't ugly or fat. ;)

Reactions: Lance0812

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
So, I'm shallow!

Reactions: Sarge

·
Banned
893 Posts
I used to always have a set in my Jimmy as well as a tow strap, but I found I didn't feel guilty about leaving someone stranded if I didn't carry them anymore. Besides, in my younger single years, not having them might just be a good way to offer a lady a ride and get to know her if she wasn't ugly or fat. ;)
So, I'm shallow!
not shallow just wise

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my wife a great set. They have a great diagram on the case, plus you connect the clamps to each vehicle and THEN you plug the two cables together. It really makes for a much more comfortable experience for people not expereinced in this. When I was in high school, I was conscientious enough to turn my headlights on during overcast weather, but not smart enogh to turn them off when I got to my destination. So before I had a car with a "dummy bell" to remind me to turn my lights of, I got lots of practice.
It's a little late out so I read this as "I got my wife a great SET. They have a great diaphragm IN the case."
OH well!!!

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Now Jake, ugly and fat one's need jumped too! oop's that came out wrong.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Maybe his mom put them in the car.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
:D Jake you and I had similar plans... whether I "had them" ;) depended on similar factors!

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
My wife had to get a jump last weekend. She had cables in her car, she just needed a willing assistant. She wasn't sure how to hook them up. So the guy hooks them up, when another fellow asked if he needed any help. The helper said, "you hook black to positive and red to negative right?" Luckily he kept it the same on both ends. I have cross jumped one in the past when I was driving ambulances. My truck was presided with a bumper plug. Another ambulance at the hospital was dead. I told the fellow took hook the clamps on his truck and plug them into mine. He didn't know how to do it. The problem was, his battery had a red cover over the negative post, instead of the positive one. I hooked it up, and when I cranked the dead one, it looked like fireworks under the hood. I yanked the cables off but it was too late. The positive battery cable was burned in two, and the battery clamp was welded to the post. His truck was running, so I told him not to turn it off and call the mechanic. Oops! Im glad our trucks had quick connects.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The Boy Scout in me requires that I have a set of good jumper cables and know how to use them. I've helped several people over the years. There are six vehicles at our house. Just recently I had to drag them out again.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
A man walks into a fancy bar and the hostess says "Sir you must have a tie on to come in". So he goes back out to the car and turns his car inside out looking for a tie. All he finds is a set of jumper cables. He ties them, best he can, into a tie around his neck. He goes back to the hostess and she tells him again "Sir, you must wear a tie to be able to enter this establishment" so he says "These cables are my tie!" and she replies "Okay, you may come in but don't start anything."

1 - 20 of 40 Posts