Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to our local gun shop today just to get my gun fix & look at things. He has two of the new Taurus Judges with the 3" 410ga chamber. One SS the other blue (black)? Nice looking guns. I think they were $470 SS & $440 blue. Maybe they are becoming available now. One thing I really liked about them, is the front sight is dovetailed into the barrel making windage adjustments easy. Frank

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Wow Frank! If he has the 3" chambered Judge you'd better get back on your horse and grab one. You are the first person to give an actual visual confirmation.

Taurus looks like they're getting on the ball with product releases.

·
Registered
959 Posts
3" chamber or 3" barrel... First time I heard that someone EyeBalled one for sale...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Anyone have plans to purchase one?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
SgtKnuckles said:
3" chamber or 3" barrel... First time I heard that someone EyeBalled one for sale...
3" chamber Sgt.----Frank V knows his guns. :)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Might be nice, but I still love my little JUDGE, with its 2 1/2 410's. I did see the longer one at the NRA display I believe. Yeah I like it but not enough to trade mine in.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Where does Taurus take the JUDGE after the 3"...??? Maybe a 3 Chamber 20 Gage JUDGE that comes with a Factory 3 round Speedloader...!!! They could call it "THE JUDGE STREET SWEEPER"...<:))

~My Card~

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well Robby,... I would send you the Freeware Biz Card program and the Front and Back Mat that I designed... and all you'll have to do is load up the front mat and click on my Sgt. Knuckles field and it will let you change it to your Own Handle and Print them out... Flip the 100Wt. card stock and load and print the Back...

We would like to know what Handle you use on Biz Cards...???

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
My Cards say!!! SMITHS ROOFING AND GENERAL CONTRACTING!!

I work as a sales rep for my neice and her hubby! But I love the Paladin style of your card, for fun and to worry the hell out of people in GFZ's

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
That's pretty good news. The last I heard the 3" Mag was not going to hit the streets until August. Time to give my dealer a call.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliment NYPD,Fella's the chamber was 3", the BBL looked a little short of 4". It did feel good though the frame is awfully long compared to what I'm used to. The inside of the BBL looked very smooth, & the rifling looked just a little shallow, but I think they do that so in won't disrupt the shot string as much. Frank

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Frank V, any chance your gun dealer would do an FFL transfer? If so, I would like to call him and set it up. I've been waiting for the 3" Mag with a 3" barrel in SS for months. PM me with the info if you would be so kind. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Frank, thank you for forwarding your gun dealer's phone number. J.D. is a pleasant guy to do business with. I appreciate you going out of your way to help me out.

First, the bad news. J.D. sincerely believed the Judge was chambered for 3" Magnum. He said, "it says right on the box, 'three inch Judge.'" However, when I asked him to verify it was the magnum version by placing a 3" 410 shot shell along side the cylinder, he could tell it was a 3" barreled Judge, chambered for 2-1/2" shot shells. No big deal, it was an honest mistake and both of us were glad to find out now, rather than after the transfer.

Next, the GOOD news. As long as I was on the phone, I asked him if he had any Ruger LCP's. He said he had several and was selling them for $265, plus $12 shipping. I ordered one from him on the spot. In fact, he said he would make a special trip to the Post Office so my new LCP would be shipped today. J.D. even offered to call me when he eventually does get the 3" Mag. Judge. I would definitely do business with him, again.

In the end, it all worked out to my favor, thanks to Frank. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts