Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I told y'all that I wanted to stay all 9mm, but that itch is back... My wrists aren't that good, but I gotta try anyways. I can order a Judge Polymer blue for $398 at a LGS plus they'll give me 5 free hrs. of range time. I don't have access of free outdoor shooting area. If I can't handle it, a friend said he'll take it from for $350. What do you think??? I can handle a slight loss.

It will have to be the polymer because it has the smaller grip size than the regular Judges....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Honestly the kick is really not that bad at all. The poly is not that light either and the poly frame and ribber grips absorb a lot.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Mama always said "If ya got an itch, either scratch in or go get it treated" And Mama is usually right about 99.999% of the time.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, looking at google, the cheapest polymer judge I found would be $361 shipped and then add $30 for FFL. So, paying $10 extra and tax at a LGS would net me 5 hours of "free" range time. I'll probably order it on Monday... What the heck, it's my B-Day today... Yippeee....

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, looking at google, the cheapest polymer judge I found would be $361 shipped and then add $30 for FFL. So, paying $10 extra and tax at a LGS would net me 5 hours of "free" range time. I'll probably order it on Monday... What the heck, it's my B-Day today... Yippeee....
I don't think the recoil will be nearly as severe as you might imagine.

Heck fire, my .357 model 605 kicks up more dust than my Judge does!

Just don't plan to do an inordinate amount of shooting during each session, and I doubt that you'll feel any ill effects.

·
Registered
766 Posts
My wrists aren't all that great lately, and even the .454 doesn't bother me enough to make any difference to them... (Although my shoulder does complain about having to hold that Raging Judge Magnum up for more than a few seconds at a time)

You might as well go for the Judge. That way you'll have something that will do more than sort of irritate someone who intends to do you evil.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Does the shooting range have one that you could rent and try? I don't think you'll have a problem though, it doesnt kick that bad. The real problem is putting it down! The damn thing is just too fun to shoot!!

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No judge at all to rent... I did hold an ultralight judge, and I cannot pull the trigger because the very tip of my finger barely gets to the trigger and slides off. That's why I'd have to get the polymer Judge,because it's based on 85 frame, or so I've been told here on this forum. I have very short fingers....

·
Registered
766 Posts
.... finger barely gets to the trigger and slides off..... .
That was my first complaint about the Judge. Taurus should groove or checker the front of the trigger.
I did it myself with a 'Dremel' & jewelers saw, and solved the problem, but it really ought to be done at the factory

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Grooved... That is nice to know!!!

Gonna ordered it tomorrow, if I have time to get to the LGS.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My Polly have grooves too if that helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts