Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from the range with my 24/7, 1911, and Judge. All I can say is that the Judge is still my favorite to shoot by a whole lot.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
That would be the "2008 American Rifleman Handgun of the Year" Taurus Judge..... :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The Judge is my favorite handgun to shoot as well----and boy do I have a lot of handguns. :D

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
I keep mine loaded for carry with 410's on the farm in the first two positions, and 45 colts in the other three. If I am shooting targets, I shoot mostly 200 gr FMJ, or cowboy loads. At night it holds the 2 410 #4 shot and 3 250 gr, JHP's.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Haven't fired one yet. I do like my .45 Colt, though, and I like playin' with my .410 Contender barrel, so I see the attraction.

I find it hard to beat my little Rossi and my Ruger .22s just for pure pleasure shooting, though, no heartburn over having to reload all the empties if nothing else. LOL!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Has anyone who has a Judge tried to shoot the .45 S&W aka Scofield? It should work, it works well in my Ruger .45. Thanks Frank

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Frank V said:
Has anyone who has a Judge tried to shoot the .45 S&W aka Scofield? It should work, it works well in my Ruger .45. Thanks Frank
I have considered it, just have not ordered any. I have not seen any available locally, and would have to order from out of town. I know they were cheaper than buying colts. Probably will work, but so far my colt supply is still good enough to not have to reorder.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
They seem to be one of Taurus most popular and consistent sellers. I doubt that I'll ever own one but if I get the chance to run a few rounds though the pipe of one someday, I'll be all for it. :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was in serious consideration for picking one up last Saturday. Unfortunately for me, my dealer sold the three he had from the Saturday before. Oh, Well! I guess I get on the list and wait (boo, hoo!)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it looks like the judge will be going back to taurus soon. It doesnt really get in the way of function, but the star in the middle of the cylinder is all chewed up and is getting worse. I'll get pics soon to show you all and tell me what you think.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
bugs said:
Well it looks like the judge will be going back to taurus soon. It doesnt really get in the way of function, but the star in the middle of the cylinder is all chewed up and is getting worse. I'll get pics soon to show you all and tell me what you think.
Bummer, Sir! I have looked at my star, and no wear showing. Hopefully it should be an easy fix.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I'm trying to think, of how the star is getting chewed up on a new revolver......are you putting reloads through it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope but I doubt how that would effect it. It had like a line through part of it when I bought it but I figured there was a lifetime warranty and theres not many of these pistols around. I'll get pics tomorrow or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts