Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Hello folks, I have not been on here in a long time, probably close to a year.

I took advantage of Wal-Mart' %20 off firearms sale not just once but twice. I was shopping for my dad a new deer rifle for Christmas seeing how he is wanting to get back into hunting, So I purchased him a Savage Axis in 30-06 for $229 which is an amazing deal.

I went to a different store the next day, They had a DPMS sportical for $634 so I calculated what it would be with the sale price, $507 not to shabby, I put it on layaway since I got paid 2 days later, When I got my paycheck I went and picked it up for a total of $549 OTD.

Well you know once you get a new AR its time for accessories, Since I am on a limited budget my accessories were bought with that in mind. I bought one of the Firefield quad rails for $40, a foregrip for $20 and a Barska 1-4x28 scope for $110, took the Ade laser designator off of my .270 and mounted it on there as well.

While It may not be a 1moa rifle at 200+ yards. I zerod it at 100 today and was shooting 1.5" groups. It is going to work well for me for hog and coyote hunting. I've got less than $750 invested in it and it wil suite my needs.

Well here she is.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new EBR.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Muy bueno!!!! I got one 6 months ago at the regular price they have. Maybe I shoulda waited. Or, maybe I should get another one. It is a good shooting rifle I put a 3X9X40 on mine and it did 1.5" also. Ain't no worse than I get from an old Colt I have.

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Congrats on your new AR-15.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
That's a great pickup! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hehe - a DPMS Sportical was my first modern sporting rifle too!! ;)

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I became a club member when I built my first one back in the 1980's and I still have that same one.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts