Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to apply for my CCL incase the laws for applying become more difficult. 12 business days from applying until the license was in my hand. I probably won't carry much but I want the option if I feel the need to protect myself.

I am looking at the Bigfoot belt but haven't decided on a holster yet. My carry options are FNS-40, FNS-40c, and Springfield xd subcompact 40. Just depending on my attire.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Well done. We need all the carry permits we can get in Florida. You join a huge number of us who are willing to take responsibility for ourselves and our loved ones.

Just remember, safety first, situational awareness next, and practice, practice, practice...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I decided to apply for my CCL incase the laws for applying become more difficult. 12 business days from applying until the license was in my hand. I probably won't carry much but I want the option if I feel the need to protect myself.

I am looking at the Bigfoot belt but haven't decided on a holster yet. My carry options are FNS-40, FNS-40c, and Springfield xd subcompact 40. Just depending on my attire.

Think of it as a safety belt or a parachute. You probably won't need it 98% of the time, but that one time you do need it and don't have it, you may never need it again.

[EDIT] I started carrying in a belly-band holster because it's really comfortable plus, it helps hold my middle-aged spread a little bit at bay. It holds nearly any handgun I want to carry along with a spare mag and a BUG (even has space for a spare for the BUG). Just an option.

·
8,906 Posts
Well done, glad to have you as part of the solution.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Administrator
35,577 Posts
Congrats, and welcome ! I got mine in 2008, and for the same reason. It took almost 4 months to get mine, just before my birthday. I think it's much quicker than that now.

·
Super Moderator
40,644 Posts
Congrats. Now you can also leave the gun store without the 3-7 day wait in Florida.

Reactions: PT99AF

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the CC community.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks this just reminded me I need to re-up, my CPL comes up for renewal in March.
Taking a self-defense handgun class in the middle of January. I'll apply then, Don't have to
take anymore cpl classes for renewal, just show up at the county clerks office and fill out the form and get picture took.
Wayne County (Detroit)is surprisingly quick with issueing, less than 2 weeks for my stepson.

Reactions: PT99AF

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Congratulations.:cool:

·
Registered
4,952 Posts

'Probably won't carry much"?

Remember the three useless things in a gunfight:

1. Cover you left behind you.

2. The ammunition you left in the box.

3. The gun you left at home.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Think of it as a safety belt or a parachute. You probably won't need it 98% of the time, but that one time you do need it and don't have it, you may never need it again.

[EDIT] I started carrying in a belly-band holster because it's really comfortable plus, it helps hold my middle-aged spread a little bit at bay. It holds nearly any handgun I want to carry along with a spare mag and a BUG (even has space for a spare for the BUG). Just an option.
The one time you do need it, you might wind up spending the rest of your life wishing you'd had it.

·
Super Moderator
37,281 Posts
I took the class and obtained my UT permit some 8 years ago when IL wasn't even contemplating the program. I may have carried once in the time before my IL permit was issued and was reticent about carrying for a month or two after that, thinking that I would carry when the risks were higher. Watching the news around here with the armed muggings and carjackings soon convinced me that the risks may vary day by day or area by area, but are always present.

I carry now all of the time that I am awake and clothed. It does change your perspective on the world, ie awareness, but that I think is a good thing (I am channelling Martha Stewart) :D

Congratulations on taking the first step in limiting your odds of you or your family becoming victims. Carry safely!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts