Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a PT 709 Slim for almost a year now and it has been flawless through some 800 rounds. Well today on the way home from work I ordered my PT1911 .45ACP. I get it Friday! Oh yea! Can't wait. Already bought 300 rounds for it last week. That should get me through a few hours at the range.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your incoming PT1911!

They are a whole different firearm than the Slim series of pistols. You will be amazed at the smooth, single action trigger pull, and the spot-on accuracy. :)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Kuddo's to you Sir, the 1911's are a blast

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
1911's are addictive and simply great.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
1911's are addictive and simply great.
I must agree with you there sir, i can't help but browse them now to see if i can find a deal.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum,you'll love your PT 1911, your other guns are going to become little orphans for now

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you picked a winner!

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Welcome to the club.

You might need more than 300 rounds for your first time out! You want to break her in you know! :D

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Extra magazines are a necessity; no sense in having to stop the fun to reload. I personally can vouch that McCormick makes good ones; others on the forum could suggest others.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Extra magazines are a necessity; no sense in having to stop the fun to reload.
YESSSSS!!!!!!! Happened to me Friday. Only have the 2 that came with it. Need more ASAP!!! 2 8rd mags go very quick and also looking at some sort of speed loader too.

Congrats OP on the best 1911 purchase!!! But don't forget to get us some PICS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I hate reloading at the range, so I have 20 mags. :)

I usually load them up the night before while watching a movie.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
YESSSSS!!!!!!! Happened to me Friday. Only have the 2 that came with it. Need more ASAP!!! 2 8rd mags go very quick and also looking at some sort of speed loader too.

Congrats OP on the best 1911 purchase!!! But don't forget to get us some PICS!!!!!
The Chip McCormack's are good and reasonably priced. Bud's, CTD, or CDNN usually have about the best prices, just depends on what is in stock. Also look for the UpLULA. Works much better than the 'loader' that comes from the factory, and will fit .380 to .45, if you have other calibers to load. Congrats and keep us posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts