Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by the local Academy and Cabelas to see if they had any more of the Schrade Old Timer 3 knife gift sets, and they didn't (I have ordered 3 sets online for $14.99 each).

Long story short, digging around in some odd lot boxes in the aisle at Cabelas, I found 4 boxes of .22 Magnum V-Max for $13.99 a box and bought them for a friend who has a Winchester Lever gun. Anyhow, Jon is free to get back to his gun buying. It was an hour after leaving Cabelas before I realized I'd lost. :)

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Well they were for a friend...

·
Registered
31,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump!

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,876 Posts
Johnrjen, hasn't checked in yet. You may need to compare time stamps on the receipts. :D

·
Registered
31,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump, since Jon is back on today, and my apologies for putting an h in Jon!

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
I'm all good here, but I don't consider you as having given in and the bet goes on. Our bet was for .22LR for your personal gain. I commend you for searching out the .22MAG for your friend.

Not to mention, I do feel very comfortable in saying that this silly bet has saved me at least $1,000 so far.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I'm all good here, but I don't consider you as having given in and the bet goes on. Our bet was for .22LR for your personal gain. I commend you for searching out the .22MAG for your friend.

Not to mention, I do feel very comfortable in saying that this silly bet has saved me at least $1,000 so far.
That is very gracious of you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts