Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I remember this thread from when it was originally posted.

Still don't care.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
I like that show.

Joe Kenda was old school and we need more of that.

I know this thread is old, but we watch Joe Kenda all the time. It is one of the shows my wife and I can watch together instead of one of those Hallmark Movies she likes where everyone is sleeping with everyone and someone is murdered weekly.

I have a friend who has a Kimber 1911 as well as a Rock Island Armory one. He carries and shoots the Rock Island 1911 way more than the Kimber.

I asked him if it was because he did not want to wear out his expensive gun and he told me that was not the case. He said that the Kimber was a good shooting gun and he loves it. He further explained that it had been to two gunsmiths but neither could figure out why it would fail to feed or fail to eject or do some other malfunction that would stop the shooting and require a rack and tap or other remedial action. He said he simply did not trust it and it had over a thousand rounds through it.

He then said that his Rock Island .45's did not have the same issues. He trusted them. He actually purchased a second Rock Island Armory 1911 he trusted them so much.

I told him that if I ever found a Taurus .45 for a decent price, I would get it and we could compare them.

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
411 Posts
I like that show.

Joe Kenda was old school and we need more of that.

I know this thread is old, but we watch Joe Kenda all the time. It is one of the shows my wife and I can watch together instead of one of those Hallmark Movies she likes where everyone is sleeping with everyone and someone is murdered weekly.

I have a friend who has a Kimber 1911 as well as a Rock Island Armory one. He carries and shoots the Rock Island 1911 way more than the Kimber.

I asked him if it was because he did not want to wear out his expensive gun and he told me that was not the case. He said that the Kimber was a good shooting gun and he loves it. He further explained that it had been to two gunsmiths but neither could figure out why it would fail to feed or fail to eject or do some other malfunction that would stop the shooting and require a rack and tap or other remedial action. He said he simply did not trust it and it had over a thousand rounds through it.

He then said that his Rock Island .45's did not have the same issues. He trusted them. He actually purchased a second Rock Island Armory 1911 he trusted them so much.

I told him that if I ever found a Taurus .45 for a decent price, I would get it and we could compare them.
Doesn't seem that Taurus is doing much with .45acp these days. Still love my PT145 MilPro.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Doesn't seem that Taurus is doing much with .45acp these days. Still love my PT145 MilPro.

Marketing...pure marketing...the FBI/Justice Department decided 9MM is the way to go so emphasis is placed on the 9MM cartridge.

Some of us are and will always be old school with 1911s and the 45 ACP cartridge. When someone laughs and says "fat and slow" for the 45 ACP, I say, "Start running"...can you run 850 fps ?

·
Registered
28,177 Posts
Since Joe Kenda retired in 1996 and Kimber started producing 1911s in (AFAIK) in 1995, I suspect he is mis-remembering.

·
Registered
37,134 Posts
thets cause its an old soon to be discontinued caliber, Enviromentalist are not letting them make Black Powder cartridges any longer either!
same with the old 1911 that shoots it!
let the flaming begin!--Griin.

Cartoon Font Poster Line Happy

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
No, he had to be carrying a Kimber.
They do not lie on television.
Everything they say is the truth. Every action they portray is accurate.
This includes their regular programming and also includes all commercials and news casts.
It is their goal and they will not waver from it.
And who in the heck is Joe Kenda?

Reactions: olfarhors

·
23,277 Posts
This thread has me SO disillusioned.

Next you'll tell me they got KITT's accent wrong.

Wheel Cloud Tire Car Vehicle

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,452 Posts
No, he had to be carrying a Kimber.
They do not lie on television.
Everything they say is the truth. Every action they portray is accurate.
This includes their regular programming and also includes all commercials and news casts.
It is their goal and they will not waver from it.
And who in the heck is Joe Kenda?
🤔
Aren’t you the guy that doesn’t even own a television?

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
🤔
Aren’t you the guy that doesn’t even own a television?
Yes, yes I am.
And the program "Homicide Hunter: Joe Kenda" is the reason we got rid of tv.
I almost died of testosterone poisoning watching the show.
That and the fact that I am still in therapy because of it.
"Superman" was also problematic for me.

Reactions: olfarhors
21 - 32 of 32 Posts