1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Supporting Moderator
14,824 Posts
Hair Fetish, he just doesn’t want to spoil the bouquet.

🙄

·
Administrator
39,370 Posts
Well, Biden should do a ride along with police in Chicago or most any city in America. If that doesn’t change his tune, he’s stupider than I already think he is.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
In all of the firearms training or qualification course I've ever taken, none of them said try to shoot for the legs, with the exception of if you believe the attacker has a bullet resistant vest on and the legs happen to be at that moment the best non torso shot you have under your individual circumstances at the time. For instance, a training course where the attacker target is allegedly rapidly firing on you and has body armor. You are behind cover and can't get a good safe shot at his/her head, but you can get a safer shot at his/her legs. If you can get a leg hit you can potentially interfere with his murderous attack at least, and then it might give you the opportunity to safely shoot at other, better areas if he/she doesn't give up. In real life some deadly assaults have actually been stopped just that way, when the shooter got wounded he gave up, or in some cases committed suicide. Can't count on that but if it happens problem solved.

The only time I was ever told to shoot for the legs was in the Army, guarding a building that housed prisoners. We were told that if someone were to try to climb over the fence that we had to shout an order to stop, insert mag, shout again, chamber a round, shout again, and then only after all that were we to shoot and try to shoot for the legs. I mentioned that with a moving person climbing over a fence that the possibility was good that someone might miss the legs and hit the prisoner in the torso, then what? The Sgt. of the guard explained that deadly force was authorized to prevent an escape at this location, so if the prisoner dies then the prisoner dies, but we weren't supposed to try for the torso. If it happens it happens.

We were allowed to shoot for the torso first IF there was an armed person from outside attempting to help a prisoner escape, which allegedly was attempted prior to my guard assignment. Although nothing happened during my period of guard duty that prior incident definitely kept the other guards and I on our toes so to speak. The rumors and stories about what happened were of course larger than what really allegedly happened. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Well, Biden should do a ride along with police in Chicago or most any city in America. If that doesn’t change his tune, he’s stupider than I already think he is.
I agree, he is stupider than you think he is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The senile crustacean also said he would increase police funding so psychologists could ride with LE and make confrontations with perps less lethal.
Then we'll have to start a body county for psychologists.

Reactions: BigMck and BigBlue

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Shoot for their legs. When down, instead of checking the carotid for a pulse, sniff the neck instead. When checking the leg wound, don't apply pressure, feel the hair on the legs.

No, Joe ain't crazy!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Shoot for their legs. When down, instead of checking the carotid for a pulse, sniff the neck instead. When checking the leg wound, don't apply pressure, feel the hair on the legs.

No, Joe ain't crazy!
Joe ain't crazy, he's a pervert. And I have a feeling Harris will end up our president if Biden/ Harris win. And beedo beedo oroarke will be the gun zar.
One thing I don't understand is how can we have a zar of anything here im the USA? isn't "zar" something to do with communism?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
WOW is all I can say! Well if you shoot just right, you can hit both legs so a two for! :D

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Joe ain't crazy, he's a pervert. And I have a feeling Harris will end up our president if Biden/ Harris win. And beedo beedo oroarke will be the gun zar.
One thing I don't understand is how can we have a zar of anything here im the USA? isn't "zar" something to do with communism?

Czar is Russian for Caesar. I'm sure some of our politicians would like to be like Caesar as well.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Set the scene.. British Army, mid 1970's in a place that's part of GB but where 'others' would prefer it wasn't. Junior officer suggests that troops on the ground, unless coming under direct fire, but have to open fire, do so aiming at the legs. It was put to him that being hit in the lower leg with a mil-spec 7.62 round would probably remove a lot, if not all, of his leg and if hit in the upper leg would probably rupture the femoral artery leading to the person bleeding out, rapidly, and having the same result as a torso shot.. This matter wasn't taken any further.

They say the most dangerous think is an officer with a map.. I'd add to that also it's an officer with an ill-conceived idea.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Set the scene.. British Army, mid 1970's in a place that's part of GB but where 'others' would prefer it wasn't. Junior officer suggests that troops on the ground, unless coming under direct fire, but have to open fire, do so aiming at the legs. It was put to him that being hit in the lower leg with a mil-spec 7.62 round would probably remove a lot, if not all, of his leg and if hit in the upper leg would probably rupture the femoral artery leading to the person bleeding out, rapidly, and having the same result as a torso shot.. This matter wasn't taken any further.

They say the most dangerous think is an officer with a map.. I'd add to that also it's an officer with an ill-conceived idea.
Sounds like Ulster...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Was watching the Amy Coney Barrett stuff on the tube and heard one of the democrat women say she wanted to be Queen.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts