Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh god, I nearly pissed myself when I read this. I was cruising the firing line forums when I came across this post from apparently one of our own. He goes on to answer a post on what folks thought about Taurus mil-pro 9mm guns. For those who may never get to see this, read on. I hope JKwas doesn't mind, it is priceless.

"Mine wouldn't feed fire or operate. I could barely get the bullets in the mag withouth the follower coming out and hitting me in the eye. Then, when it did fire, the front site flew off, and the slide blew back off the gun, nearly taking my head off! I gathered up all the parts, and sent them back to taurus. After about 200 phone calls, I finally got someone to tell me it would take about 2-3 years to get my gun back, and they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't happen again. They said it was definately my fault.

Now that I've dispensed with the sarcasm, and summed up every nightmare taurus story you will hear, I can say mine has been perfect for over 2 years and 1000 rnds. I would buy plenty more

Dude, you ROCK!

·
Registered
135 Posts
You know, I had that problem once. Fired the first shot and the spring flew out and killed the guy standing next to me. Then the gun got jammed with 3 rounds in the barrel, and the magazine fell out. OMFG TAHRUZ R TEH NUB GUNZ

custmr surviss wuldnt fiks my gunz0rz!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Would buy, do buy and continue to buy.... I've never had a problem or personally known anyone that did have a problem with a Taurus.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
HAHA ... I like it. That pretty much sums up all the negative I hear about them.

Somewhere, there's probably someone who claims to have some of that happen though. Sadly .. they probably never even owned a Taurus.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeh, there's a guy on a couple of other forums that I frequent that can't wait to bad mouth Taurus and S&W Sigmas. Has a lot of experience handling them at gun shows and reading from the internet. Admittedly has never owned either. Never had a problem with a Taurus or a Sigma.

·
Registered
532 Posts
greenjeans said:
Yeh, there's a guy on a couple of other forums that I frequent that can't wait to bad mouth Taurus and S&W Sigmas. Has a lot of experience handling them at gun shows and reading from the internet. Admittedly has never owned either. Never had a problem with a Taurus or a Sigma.
I've had three Taurus revolvers, one of them, from the first batch of imports ugly, but functional. The other two were functionally perfect, and good looking, too. I have 605 on layaway for two more weeks. I also have a Sigma. Also, functionally perfect. Has never failed to feed, fire, or eject. And the trigger isn't as bad as they all say.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
How about the guy on Thehandgunforum.net that bashes Taurus and anyone that speaks of Taurus (Mike Braham), happens to know more or have more training then he does. The company he works for (Galco holsters) is a sponsor of the site, and you risk getting banned or threatened to be banned by the admins if you argue or prove this guy wrong.... I no longer goto this website for the above reason.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm a fan of Taurus, but I'll admit to having one problem gun from them - a 94 .22lr revolver which had timing problems - it was shaving the bullets because the cylinder didn't line up with the barrel. But that was one example, and of the 6 other Taurus handguns I've owned, they've all been trouble free.

A positive note: my dealer took it back without argument and I used the credit toward a new 85UL which I still own and shoot regularly.

·
32,813 Posts
There is a forum who shall remain nameless, where the moderators jump in and bash Taurus, make snide comments, name call, and think all Taurus owners are idiots and incompetents. They go to no great lengths to hide their bias, hatred, and arrogance.

Gee. It just so happens that the name is the one that the above JKwas posted this at.

Had a thread on the PT111 Mil/pro with links and info from here deleted by said forum. Guy asked about PT111s and figured to help out. 5 days later the thread is gone. Not in the archives and not on the recent pages.

JKwas hit the nail on the head though in a very entertaining way. ;D

·
32,813 Posts
And KP. Model 94s are much better made now anywho. Won't shave lead anymore, much less peach fuzz. ;D

Had the older model 94 for about 10 years and had no problems with it.

Curious thing did happen. Was using Remington Thunderbolt ammo in my 94, H&R 649, Marlin 99 rifle, and a couple of other .22lrf firearms. Every time I fired a shot, a tiny thin paper sliver of tin foil colored material was left in the chamber.Tried this ammo with several friend's .22lrf firearms and had the same thing happen with them as well.

All the old time veteran shooters looked at the slivers I brought in to their attention and said they had never seen anything like it. Quit using the Tbolt ammo and went to other various brands. Never had a repeat of the event. I have my suspicions as to what happened but never pursued things any further.

Yet many other shooters have had no trouble with that particular Rem. ammo.
Vagaries of life. :D

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Several years back a brick of Thunderbolt ammo was bought (I don't recall who actually paid for it). It wouldn't feed in any of our 22's. I think most of it was returned (and the store actually took it). This was when the 500rd bricks were actually 10 50rd boxes. We had to fight to get through that opened box. Ever since I won't buy Thunderbolt ammo, and yes, I realize that its very likely that it has beed redesigned since.

Steelheart

·
Registered
878 Posts
I am honored to be the subject of a thread.
Thanks! When it comes to Taurus, I will keep fighting the good fight! ;D

·
32,813 Posts
Poking fun in a creative way may be part of the answer to dealing with bashers and trolls over there. :) Reason, truth, and common sense aren't. :) It does help to point out the fallacy of what bashers and trolls are spewing in that manner. Makes them look rediculous to the extreme and for what they really are. Happens here too.

Taurus loosing a gun as a tactic for the bashers goes back to 2002 and beyond. Been finding the archives of the gun forums and doing lonnnnnnnng detailed searches. Look up the old rants and raves. Entertaining to say the least.

Some of the old garbage gets resurrected word for word. Just a new user name gets stamped on it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JK, no,
Thank you! for being able to address ignorance with well placed humor and sarcasm ;D. That was far better than my gun is better than your gun, or your gun sucks because I don't own one argument.

Funny story. When I took my hunter's training course, one of the questions asked of us was "name a reputable gun manufacture". Well, all these names flew out of the mouths of the experienced rifle shooters, Remmington, Browning, Berreta etc. Then one of the instructors told us of a recall Remmington had once due to it's safety switch. It would seem that when the safety was engaged the weapon would fire. Moral of the story, any company from the highest of highs to the upstarts can make weapons that will fail in one way, shape, or form.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hate to say it guys but I took my brand new 605SS out today for the first time.
On the second round the barrel flew off........the cylinder jammed and the trigger snapped.
Just kidding........but really........this Taurus bashing is getting comical.
I am waiting for someone to say..........."my brand new Taurus literally fell apart the first time I took it out of the box" "I didn't even fire it.
I only own one Taurus and I haven't even fired it yet. I was concerned about some of the posts Ive seen since buying my Taurus.
I am beginning to think most of these posts are fake.
I think that many Dealers.......Ruger, S&W don't like a company under selling their prices.
My guess is a dealer makes more on a 600 dollar S&W than they do on a 400 dollar Taurus.
If it weren't for companies like Taurus I think Ruger and S&W prices would be even higher than they are today.
650.00 for a six shot S&W is outrageous.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry my complaint was just a joke. I haven't even fired my 605 yet.
I hope Taurus is a successful company. Competition is always beneficial to the buyer.
I also hope this 605 turns out to be a good investment.
Hopefully the majority of the negative posts are just bashing without merit.

Safe Shooting!

·
32,813 Posts
SMILE when you say that zero244!!!! :D ;D ;) :) If the rest of the public didn't get your joke they are sad indeed. Yeah, we got it. Didn't need the disclaimer though. :)

Since I knew it was a joke that was why I said take it over to the complaints section. We have some interesting counter claims at that board by members and staff about model 66's and other guns for those who are getting ready to dump on them.

Verifiable legit complaints are one thing. Bashing is another.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Once upon a time, along time ago, there were some shall we say "lacking in quality" handguns from Taurus on the market. Since that time Taurus, though constantly improving in quality, has had a hard time shaking that reputation (even from folks who were not alive back then). Today's Taurus, stands up well against other, more expensive brands.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts