Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a result of my Poly PD jamming with the Federal 000 the gear at the center of the cylinder that is contacted to turn the cylinder to bring the next shot in line with the firing pin is a little buggered up. It does not seem to currently have any effect on the functionality but should I be concerned?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
As a result of my Poly PD jamming with the Federal 000 the gear at the center of the cylinder that is contacted to turn the cylinder to bring the next shot in line with the firing pin is a little buggered up. It does not seem to currently have any effect on the functionality but should I be concerned?

Thanks.
The "gear" at the back of the cylinder is known as the cylinder ratchet. The cylinder is turned by the pawl (a short arm with a sort of "claw" on the face). The cylinder is locked into place by the cylinder bolt engaging one of the notches on the outside of the cylinder. The cylinder ratchet can look rather knarly but under no circumstances should you mess with them. Doing so will change the the timing of the cylinder and cause misalignment of the chamber. If ic causes problems, call customer services and have them repair it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts