·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Finally! Now the families can have closure! ... Oh wait, they are dead as well...

Creek

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
What difference does it make said Hildabeast..:mad:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
It's a bit odd -- as the article said, the Whitechapel murders were among, if not actually, the most famous unsolved murders in history. The stuff of legend and lore.

For the cases to be closed and the announcement to come out so off-handedly seems a little anti-dramatic for today's world of hyperventilation and drama. Where's the TV special? The 'Al Capone's Vault' build-up? The book?

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
It's about time mate.

·
22,058 Posts
Hasn't hit Wikipedia, so it can't be true.:D

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Well, if one takes time to think about the article it becomes pretty clear that they have not identified Jack The Ripper.

All they have done is identified someone who visited a prostitute during that time period. If finding semen on a prostitute's clothes identifies good old Jack then half the men in London are suspects.

Jeez.... don't the people who wrote the article watch TV?

Don

·
Administrator
39,506 Posts
I bet you didn't venture out at night when this was all happening. :D
It isn't to good to venture out at night nowadays either!:D

At any rate, now that this has been solved, I'll be able to sleep at night!

Reactions: rhuber

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
It's a bit odd -- as the article said, the Whitechapel murders were among, if not actually, the most famous unsolved murders in history. The stuff of legend and lore.

For the cases to be closed and the announcement to come out so off-handedly seems a little anti-dramatic for today's world of hyperventilation and drama. Where's the TV special? The 'Al Capone's Vault' build-up? The book?
Good ole Geraldo Rivera! :D What a joke! Something like two hours build up to failure. Remember it well since I was in high school and assigned to watch it and write a report for history class.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Good ole Geraldo Rivera! :D What a joke! Something like two hours build up to failure. Remember it well since I was in high school and assigned to watch it and write a report for history class.
Yeah, that was an historic, EPIC FAIL for Geraldo. All the breathless hype, mystery and BS had people on the edges of their seats and me shaking my head. Then, when it flopped, I laughed until I cried.

·
Registered
316 Posts
There is no definitive evidence. It is all circumstantial. Granted DNA is a good way to prove someone was someplace or used an article of clothing. But the lady was a prostitute, of course she had seamen on an article of clothing she had on her while working. Whose to say he was not a customer. This is one they will be guessing at long after I am gone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts