Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Kholster for my PT111 after all the positive comments I read on here. My question is how are you guys wearing them, 2, 3, 4 o"clock etc is what I mean. I didn't see recommendations like some of the other holster makers suggest. Its brand new so I know its not going to be the most comfortable thing yet. I'm a 34 waste and have some 36 jeans so thats not an issue. Just curious how others are wearing theirs.

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Between 3 - 4 o'clock. I use it for my PT 145. Love it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like isw49017 said, between 3 and 4. I use it for my pt140. It didn't take long to break in and it's so comfortable now, you really forget it's there.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Ditto on the 3 to 4 o'clock position. The 3:30 or 4 o'clock position is best. The curve of the body helps conceal the bulge of the gun. Also, wear a dark-colored patterned shirt to break up any potential printing.

Don't worry, you'll get used to carrying it. Takes a couple of weeks.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
As with any CC holster, you wear it where it's comfortable and within easy reach should you need to deploy your firearm quickly.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I find with my Theis that if I wear to forward towards 3 o'clock, the muzzle pushes on my hip joint and if I wear to far back towards 4 o'clock the rear clip starts to push on a bony party of my back and it gets to hurting if I'm sitting against it. I expect the most comfortable spot will vary from person to person. Somewhere between 3-4 o'clock definitely seems to be a winner though!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
​At 4 o'clock.

·
Registered
532 Posts
3:30 to 4:00

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
3:30- 4 o'clock is where it's comfortable for me. Try several. You are the one that needs to be comfortable, not us.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Yep about 3:30 for me and the Crossbreed carrying my PT145. It did take a lot of trial and error for me but finally got to the point that I started getting it in the same place day after day, basically honing in on the exact location that it would make home. I'm guessing yours has different adjustments for ride height and cant like the Crossbreed does so make sure to add those into the mix of finding that perfect position.

For me, too close to the 3:00 position and it rides and rubs on my hip wrong. Too far to the 4:00 and beyond I have to tighten up my belt to uncomfortable levels to keep my pants up because it will lift your belt away from your back and lose a big friction point.

The main thing to remember is all the height adjustments, and positions on the belt and that eventually with use it will settle in, and like most have mentioned above, to a point you will forget about it. Make sure to tell yourself you have to wear it everyday and you will get there out of necessity. :) I kind of relate it to wearing glasses. I mean to say that it's as comfortable as not wearing them at all, would be a lie, but after a while they become comfortable enough to forget about so you call them comfortable, at least as more or equal to any other glasses are.. Hang in there and you will find your own comfort with it.

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I carry a SR40 at 4 o'clock all day long and in the car.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
IWB at about 4-4:30 allows me to bend and move.. Also if I reach for my wallet, I can offer up my TAURUS instead..

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I don't have that holster but I carry at 6 o'clock or "middle of back". Just my preference it works for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts