Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for IWB holsters for my PT-111. I am looking for something stiff for easier re-holstering (that doesn't collapse flat). I do know about the Crossbreeds, I want to see other makers. But most don't specifically list Taurus', what would be a similar fit pistol? I heard that a Glock 26 is almost identical, and it would seem to me that a Springfield XMD might fit.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I bought a IWB from one of our site sponsors Tommy Theis. It fits my pt111 perfectly and it arrived in less than 10 days at my doorstep. Tommy is a great guy and responds quickly to emails. Buy with confidence!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a IWB from one of our site sponsors Tommy Theis.
I took a look at his site. It looks a lot like a Crossbreed. Not saying anything is wrong with that, just noticing....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
It's very identical to Crossbreed except for two very important things:
1. Cheaper! about 10-15 dollars IIRC
2. Minimal wait time, 2-3 months for CB and ~10 days for a THEIS

This style of holster is very comfortable, won't collapse in absence of a gun, and is very comfortable, did I say that already.

I might not be getting what kind of IWB you're looking for, and if that's the case I apologize.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might not be getting what kind of IWB you're looking for, and if that's the case I apologize.
Weeeelll....I'm looking to take a defensive firearms course, and they don't like crossdraw, nearly every place I've seen they use strong-side hip holsters, inside and outside the belt, and there is a lot of re-holstering going on. I'm still going to keep my current off-belt carry options and practice with that, but I need something for the course.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Cross Breed, Tommy Theis arent cross draw, there both strong side IWB
If you go to Tommy Theis webb site you can call him or email him, he will personally answer your email ASAP.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Not sure which training you're going to. I have been to Front Sight and I have seen people use the Cross Breed type holsters there. They weren't in my class, so I do not know how well they performed in the class. Most of the classes out there should tell you that no one ever won a gun fight by fast reholstering. Take that part slow and safely.

For a class I'd recommend a Kydex or molded leather OWB holster with no retention especially if there is a scored skills test. At Front Sight you have to score 90% or better to get in the advanced classes.

For EDC I'd recommend the Tommy Theis holster like Shokr mentioned. I have two and they're great. Use what you learn in class to practice at home with the IWB.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Another fair priced alternative that would probably serve you well is hideous holsters.

I bought a kit from them a while back for my pt1911, took about 2 weeks to get to me. For the "operator" look or as I like to think of it as function that is beautifully ugly. It's not the most concealable but for a class I think it would be ideal.

Website is hideousholsters.com

ETA: Sorry you said you wanted IWB and they also don't do a holster for a pt111, my bad, got a little carried away trying to help! Best of luck in your search. Let us know what you find as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a Kholster and it's very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The range I contacted (with the defensive course) recommended pancake or paddle holster. The search continues....

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just received a Maxtuck from White Hat Holsters. It is a crossbreed type, but with a lot of options. Delivery was in about a week. I've been wearing it since it came on Monday, and I don't even know it's there. Mine was made for my Bersa Thunder 380. Their site is White Hat Holsters. Check them out.

Here is a pic. DSCF1635.JPG
As you can see, the kydex is fastened with chicago screws. The kydex is removable and replacable with kydex for another weapon. Several colors and patterns are available.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts