Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. I'm working on getting my LTC and am looking for suggestions for IWB carry holster for my Taurus G2S. I really like the modular capability of the Aliengear Shapeshift system. Anybody have any experience with it? I also run a Glock 45 and I like that I can simply buy a shell for it and use the holster system for either firearm.

If anyone has any other recommends, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like and use holsters from Concealment Express, full Kydex IWB and use their magazine holsters/carriers.
I have one for my G3.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
How much you wanna' spend? You can go get a Fobus from Academy for $25 or go full custom for $150 or more. Just depends upon you budget and what suits you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use the Alien Gear ankle holster for my G2C. It's a good fit with solid pistol retention. My IWB is Crossbreed's Super Tuck. Adjustability is great with almost a zero print. I ordered it for my G3 knowing I could also use it with the G2C and cool enough now the G3C. I also recommend their belts.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't have the alien gear shapeshift, but I do use one of their cloak tuck iwb holsters for my pt709. That gun dimensionally is about the same as yours. In my cloak tuck holster I can't even tell it's there it's so comfortable. One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the fact that every other week or so I have to tighten screws down again or else I risk hardware coming loose and losing pieces. I think part of that is that I have a very active job that requires me to move, bend, and twist a lot especially at the waist level. So far I've just learned to take it in stride and keep an eye on the screws.

·
Super Moderator
35,541 Posts
I don't have the alien gear shapeshift, but I do use one of their cloak tuck iwb holsters for my pt709. That gun dimensionally is about the same as yours. In my cloak tuck holster I can't even tell it's there it's so comfortable. One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the fact that every other week or so I have to tighten screws down again or else I risk hardware coming loose and losing pieces. I think part of that is that I have a very active job that requires me to move, bend, and twist a lot especially at the waist level. So far I've just learned to take it in stride and keep an eye on the screws.
I had the same issue and used a drop of Loctite on those screws, haven't needed to do anything to them in months. Go purple if you're afraid they won't release for you when you want, I used blue. Figured I could put a tip of a soldering iron on them if they became stubborn.

I am an Alien Gear fan, they has some glitches historically in customer service I hear, but I've always had a good response! Comfortable, value oriented and a good product.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have a small fortune invested in a substantial beer belly. Anything that adds weight to my belt tends to slide my britches down. Believe me when I say I’ve tried a lot of IWB/OSB holsters over the years. What I’m using now which actually holds my pants up is a Gripper/Sticky/Clinger type holster a bit more towards center than appendix position. I hardly know it’s there and I’m not continually tugging at my pants. They’re available for nearly every type handgun imaginable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts