Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the great number of 1911 pistols arriving after being built in the Philippines another has appeared that I haven't read much about. It is the Iver Johnson. The original Iver Johnson was built back many years ago. But as with so many brands fell on hard time and closed their doors only to have someone come along and buy the name and begin to manufacture said name firearm in the Philippines. This gun is not manufactured by Amsrcor but by another that I can't recall the name of now.

I was wondering if anyone may have had the opportunity to hold or fire one of these 1911 pistols and what your impressions were of them.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Never held them before, they appear to be made by Shooters Arms in the Philippines so I'll guess there prolly pretty decent. Dunno how I care for the funky angled slide serrations though but they seem to be a good value... Seems they have afew more "tacticool" models done up in tan ceracote.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
The last time I correspondended with RIA's tech folks in the PI they were making 1911's under 5 different monikers world wide.

Think it would be a safe bet that Iver Johnson's "may" be number 6.

At any rate I'd say they're OK copies that should provide good service at a decent price point.

Most any 1911 clone properly broken in is a force to be reckoned with in the hands of a determined defender.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do remember now that one of the articles I was reading said they were manufactured by S.A.M. and not Armscor. I was looking at the Commander size model the "Hawk" with the
4 1/4" barrel in the matt finish. I like the front and rear searations on the slide and the style of the safety design. Looks like they could be sweet little pistols at a fair price....maybe?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I seem to recall a firearms magazine doing an article on the Iver 1911s, and they rate just as well as any Philippine 1911 out there. If it can be had for a reasonable price, it should be worth buying....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts