Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. I bought another weapon. This time it's early version PT111 Mil. not a Pro.. It most certinly "appears" to be as advertised as lightly fired. I could not resisit $200.00 and in very good condition. Well off to the range. I hope it does not fall apart.

Stay Tuned.

T-

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
You've got a good gun at a good price. With the DAO trigger these guns are prized for ccw since they are a safe carry even without the safety on.

·
32,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Please be aware there are some ammo issues with this gun. Certain JHP loads may not work and others will do just fine. Most hardball or round nose rounds should feed just fine.

PT111Mil/pro feedramps are more generous in size and length, as well as angled differently over the standard models.
And hopefully the gun will be cleaned and lubed prior to shooting. Firing pin channels and other nooks and crannies can harbor crud and collected debris if this is a used gun.
Gripping the PT111 firmly is also to be looked at.

You may know all this, but there have been a lot of new and old shooters who have forgotten this. Then the complaints as to why the gun was functioning funny come about.

So good luck and let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My range test was neither a surprise nor a disappointment, 100 rounds of remington sailed. The ranges house ammo was returned, it completely failed to ramp. The weapon is accurate. Seats well in hand. Conceals comfortably in my front right hip pocket. I bought a inexpensive (Uncle Mikes) pocket holster. I also bought a Pearce Grip and a new magazine (separately), they suck. The new pinky grip seems to fit on both mags. But the mags don't / won't click in. The magazine just will not engage with the Pearce grip on. The new mag does not feed very well either.

Even with these initial problems I like the weapon. I had it with me on the job in the field yesterday, I was almost completely comfortable with it. My investment so far:

PT111.......$200.00
Shipping......20.00
FFL.............20.00
Holster.......10.00
Pearce Grip..8.75
Mag............20.00

When Wife Finds Out....Priceless

T-

·
Registered
135 Posts
My PT145 had similar magazine troubles. Though I don't have the pinky grip thing, I still had to literally slap the magazine HARD to get it into the gun. After 300 rounds, both mags require very little effort to click (I still give it the standard light slap anyway).

Maybe give it a little more time and let everything settle in on your pistol. Let the mag grip extension get some wear on it, and see if it gets any better.

"Lightly fired" could mean anything from 100-300 rounds IMO, so I'd give it a good 300-400 before I made any calls on whether to get another mag to try out.

I noticed that on both of my magazines, the follower (plastic thing at the top of the spring...i think follower is right) had a little bit shaved off the top. Which probably assisted in the magazines being easier to insert. Yea, it's 5:40am....and I'm babbling...so....goodnight!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts