Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dillon square deal. Took me 3 hours to load 44 rounds and now the primer feed is toast. First problem was dirt in the spent primer chute. Got that cleared out and started loading, all fine until it quit priming. I lost 7 or 8 cases due to primers in upside down. :rolleyes: That crappy little blue plastic thing is worn out AGAIN and i haven't put 500 rounds through it since I got it back from Dillon several years ago. They sent me a few of those things some time back, but after 2 moves, I have no clue where they might be. I'm down for the count right now.

Damn, I think I'll get another turret for my Lee turret press and a new 9mm factory crimp die for it and just scrap the Dillon. If a nearly 500 dollar press can't get it done, I don't need a damned progressive! Junk, nothing, but junk with a capital J.

</vent>

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I e-med dillon from their site requesting more of those little blue plastic primer finger things. I had 'em send 5 once, but have gone through 'em. :rolleyes: <sigh>

·
Registered
31,903 Posts
Dog gone sorry about that chief, and I will say if you can't keep it running, then probably no suggestion anyone else is going to have is going to work and there is no point in me trying to buy it off of you.

·
Registered
24,602 Posts
Darn left wing progressives!

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, you'd think a press this expensive would have some sort of last forever spring steel primer feed or something instead of cheap plastic. This is not my first go around with this issue, seems to wear 'em out about every 500 rounds or so. I had a couple more spares around, but I've moved twice since then, don't know where they went. The Dillon site says not to expect an answer for 7-14 days, but heck, I don't shoot my 9s that much, anyway, and have lots of loaded ammo. I suppose I can wait. I do have a die set around here I can set up on my old standby Lyman turret press if I just really wanna load 9mm. :D

Fortunately, the primer feed system is easy to remove, 3 allen head screws.

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,939 Posts
I was going to tell you to send that piece of ........ to me, but Jake hinted at a better deal. :D

Go ahead and tell us what you really think, that's why you paid the nickel.

thedrisin.png

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dangit! I lost a little white plastic plunger thing that controls the primer feed. Well, on the Dillon site, they don't have the little plastic primer finger thing, just offer it with the tube attached for a little over 8 bucks, which I ordered along with the plastic plunger thing and a spare in case I lose THAT one. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it were political. it wouldn't be in the reloading forum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Dillon square deal. Took me 3 hours to load 44 rounds and now the primer feed is toast. First problem was dirt in the spent primer chute. Got that cleared out and started loading, all fine until it quit priming. I lost 7 or 8 cases due to primers in upside down. :rolleyes: That crappy little blue plastic thing is worn out AGAIN and i haven't put 500 rounds through it since I got it back from Dillon several years ago. They sent me a few of those things some time back, but after 2 moves, I have no clue where they might be. I'm down for the count right now.

Damn, I think I'll get another turret for my Lee turret press and a new 9mm factory crimp die for it and just scrap the Dillon. If a nearly 500 dollar press can't get it done, I don't need a damned progressive! Junk, nothing, but junk with a capital J.

</vent>
Are you speaking of the plastic tip at the end of the primer feed tube? I only ask because I just got my SDB a couple weeks ago and have loaded 1000 +\- with it and would like to know what to check on it. I can say, I wish I had bought it three years ago. I had a Loadmaster, which I liked, but this is a far better operation for what I do. I still have my turret press for finer tuned loads in less quantity.

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, that's the one. I think if you USE the thing, not let it sit for periods of time, might hold up better. I hadn't loaded 9mm since the move two years ago, haven't shot my 9s that much. Yes, i agree the press is better than Lee progressives, but it still has its problems. I finally got fed up with my Pro 1000 and got the auto indexing turret. It loads fast enough for my normal uses.

I'm going to get this thing fixed, not that much wrong with it, just that little plastic thing that feeds the primers into the primer cup. It often needs replacing and Dillon has sent me a supply before free of charge. Hell, they rebuilt the thing several years ago free of charge other than my shipping to them. I got the thing back like a brand new machine! Their CS is first rate. I can't be too mad at the thing, I guess, just irritates me when it starts jamming caps and flipping them so I get rounds with upside down primers or sideways primers. THAT'S when you know the little primer feed thingy is messed up and needs to be replaced.

Reactions: Stugots

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I used a progressive press when I was working for a living; didn't like it, but!!! Now I'm retired and have time to get back to doing it the way I'm perfectly pleased with. 3 single station presses plus a Lee hand press. Life and shooting/loading is much more enjoyable!!

·
Administrator
39,700 Posts
Love my Dillon Square Deal B. I've been using it since 2001. No telling how many thousands of rounds have been made in that thing. About two years ago, one of the link arms cracked. I called Dillon to order a replacement, and they sent me not one, but two new link arms. No cost to me. Not even shipping. Been cranking out rounds ever since.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

</vent>

It is all that POS Obama's fault....:D

O-King.jpg

Reactions: jonboy

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Have you actually talked to a customer service rep at Dillon? They are great at what they do and should be able to help you with your problems.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,939 Posts
Progressives! I never did trust that "Flo", if that is even her real name. Heck, now that I think about it.... I'm not so sure "she" is even a girl!

who is the real flo?

the real flo.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you actually talked to a customer service rep at Dillon? They are great at what they do and should be able to help you with your problems.
I e-med 'em, but the site said it'd be 2-3 weeks for a reply.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts