Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from HR at work detailing official changes to the dress code.Up until now I've been carrying my PT99 IWB with a company polo shirt,so concealment wasn't a problem.HR has now banned the polos,and dress slacks and button up shirts w/tie are now mandatory.

This presents obvious problems with concealed carry,especially since my office is a "gun free zone".Id rather not have to resort to off body carry (stuff tends to get lost in cubicle farms like mine). Any advice for discreet tuckable IWB holsters which don't have huge clips or a noticeable belt attachment?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ditto.
ST don't take this the wrong way but I think that is something I would try to figure out on my own without posting it on the interwebs.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K hurrie, my CHL wouldn't be impacted at all. If it were against state law for me to carry at a private business which bans guns , this topic would not exist, nor would my dilemma itself.

As to why I'd carry in a non permissive office, ill let history be my witness. Spree shootings and gun free zones have a funny correlation.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
K hurrie, my CHL wouldn't be impacted at all. If it were against state law for me to carry at a private business which bans guns , this topic would not exist, nor would my dilemma itself.

As to why I'd carry in a non permissive office, ill let history be my witness. Spree shootings and gun free zones have a funny correlation.
Still. You know how easy it is for people to find things here.:)

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
You're decision, you're an adult. I'm not going to beat you up about it. Maybe a belly band under the shirt? Not the fastest draw, but I figure it'll take a minute to find you in the cubicle farm.

Belly Band Holsters - Magills.com

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
My view is that it would be less expensive to buy an more concealable pistol than to find another employer. Not saying you should carry in a "Gun free zone", but if your going to break the rules, be discrete.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
My view is that it would be less expensive to buy an more concealable pistol than to find another employer. Not saying you should carry in a "Gun free zone", but if your going to break the rules, be discrete.
Does sound like a job for a TCP.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I sure wasn't questioning your right, or your reason for carry. As has been said maybe this is something that should be carefully considered and worked out between me, myself, and I.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
676 Posts
Gun Free Zone..means gun free zone. Leave it in your car.
On a scale of 1-10 this type of violation in the "current" atmosphere of gun fear would put you at about 15 and most likely out of a job. Not only that, and you're just one individual, it sheds a bad light on those of us that carry and abide by a set standard of rules. I understand what you're saying.

"If it were against state law for me to carry at a private business which bans guns" ....it is..that is why there is a sign.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gun Free Zone..means gun free zone. Leave it in your car.
On a scale of 1-10 this type of violation in the "current" atmosphere of gun fear would put you at about 15 and most likely out of a job. Not only that, and you're just one individual, it sheds a bad light on those of us that carry and abide by a set standard of rules. I understand what you're saying.

"If it were against state law for me to carry at a private business which bans guns" ....it is..that is why there is a sign.
While I see and understand your point, my response is this: a lot more kids might be alive today if a school worker in Sandy Hook Elementary broke school policy.

The company I work for answers to a home office in New York City.They do what they have to do, and I do likewise.

Reactions: RichO

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
First, do NOT compromise your employment!

There are several tuckable holsters that may work.

If you want a belt clip model, look for those with a "C" type belt clip. The top and bottom lips secure the holster on the belt, with the backbone of the "C" behind the belt, making it almost invisible.

Remora has a clip-less tuckable that uses friction to hold the holster in place. With a THIN pistol such as a 709, 740, LC9, Shield, etc., it is almost invisible when tucked.

Remora Tuckable Holster Modification

I have carried "all of the above" pistols in my Remora tuckable, and they were indeed almost invisible wearing a dress shirt and slacks.

While not ideal, there are several combination cell phone cases/holsters that have the cell phone case on the outside covering the belt clip for the holster. You actually carry both your cell phone and pistol in the same device, with the cell phone outside the belt and the holster tucked IWB.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Food, clothing, shelter are always more important, particularly if you have family. What about other forms of defense, collapsible baton like the police carry? I agree with your desire to stay safe at work AND I believe that if more law abiding folks were allowed to carry, nut jobs and the blatantly evil would give second thought to even engaging in what appears to be a soft target, but there are alternatives (martial arts training utilizing a non-descript weapon, such as a cane, collapsible baton, etc.). Just my .02, worth what you paid for it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
ST don't take this the wrong way but I think that is something I would try to figure out on my own without posting it on the interwebs.
What he said!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It seems as though a 738 or 709 in a ankle holster are in your future. Personally I don't like belly bands they keep the pistol pointed at the other pistol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Food, clothing, shelter are always more important, particularly if you have family. What about other forms of defense, collapsible baton like the police carry? I agree with your desire to stay safe at work AND I believe that if more law abiding folks were allowed to carry, nut jobs and the blatantly evil would give second thought to even engaging in what appears to be a soft target, but there are alternatives (martial arts training utilizing a non-descript weapon, such as a cane, collapsible baton, etc.). Just my .02, worth what you paid for it:rolleyes:
This sounds like the argument the anti-gun folks use. Just saying, I'm not endorsing taking the gun into a gun free zone by any means. I wouldn't consider the means you mentioned as being alternatives. Options that aren't as effective, but not alternatives. As for something that might be used, has anyone ever used a "crotch" holster. That might be considered an option but I've never used one. BTW, the holsters that also carry cell phones look really nice. I haven't found one for a 9MM though. I have the 709. Who has one of those that the 709 could fit into?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First, do NOT compromise your employment!

There are several tuckable holsters that may work.

If you want a belt clip model, look for those with a "C" type belt clip. The top and bottom lips secure the holster on the belt, with the backbone of the "C" behind the belt, making it almost invisible.

Remora has a clip-less tuckable that uses friction to hold the holster in place. With a THIN pistol such as a 709, 740, LC9, Shield, etc., it is almost invisible when tucked.

Remora Tuckable Holster Modification

I have carried "all of the above" pistols in my Remora tuckable, and they were indeed almost invisible wearing a dress shirt and slacks.

While not ideal, there are several combination cell phone cases/holsters that have the cell phone case on the outside covering the belt clip for the holster. You actually carry both your cell phone and pistol in the same device, with the cell phone outside the belt and the holster tucked IWB.
Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't know what the law in SD is but in TX it IS illegal to carry in a place where carry is placarded against. A private party can prohibit carry if they post the required notices and policies. Making yourself a felon to prove point, not wise.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts