Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Never thought this would happen to me! After all, I'm a geeze-ette and love "old" firearms, but we took DH's new to him Armalite AR18 to the range yesterday and boy howdy - it was sooo much fun! Super accurate, once we got the sights lined up and no recoil felt at all, AND the stock is configured in such a way that both DH and I can comfortably shoot it. Actually, it's got a bit of age on it, too, DH thinks it might be from the '70's. We got it now before our State of Maryland won't let us bring one into the state any more after October 1st!! Trigger is very nice and crisp and we actually found some ammo for it yesterday at Wally World before we went to the range - went back after our range session to get more, too!:) Here is a stock picture of what
ours looks like:

Many thanks to Gwk19512 - the rifle we got is an AR180, not an AR18!!:)

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Be careful, those things are dangerous, they apparently do things all on their own... those evil black rifles! :D :D

Enjoy the new rifle!

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I like it. Seems to me like they used bakelite for the furniture on the early Armalites. Tough stuff. Good lookin' rifle, too. I'm jealous! :D

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure it's not the AR180?
That is the semi only version of the select fire AR18.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-18
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-18#Variants
Thanks gwk1951!!!
You get 10 points because you are absolutely right - it is an AR180 - only 2 positions on the selector switch! Thanks for the wiki links!! Just goes to show you that I really don't know much at all about big, black and bad rifles!! The only other semi auto rifle I've fired in recent history (my time as a green suiter was long. long ago when I shot M1's, M14's,M16's and Maw Duece!) is my little Erma EM1! It has a beautiful wood stock, so that it certainly doesn't qualify as big, black and bad! VBG!:)

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Congratulations! I also like that it's not your standard run of the mill Evil Black Rifle. I'm partial to the HK G3s myself.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Congrats on your new Evil Black Rifle.

·
Administrator
18,422 Posts
Congratulations on the AR-180! :) Very very Nice! :cool:

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Very nice find, enjoy and welcome to the dark side! :evil:

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
A big congrats on the AR180! I saw one in a local gun shop last summer for real cheap. I hesitated and it was gone before I could do anything about it.

I wanna hear how it feels on the ol' shoulder when you let 'er rip! :)

Many thanks to Gwk19512 - the rifle we got is an AR180, not an AR18!!:)

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chicarrones- there is very,very little kick to the shoulder with the Armalite!! Not even close to the "push" from an M1 carbine, which in itself isn't bad, but you definitely should brace for it. DH and I went to buy more ​ammo for the Armalite and we're planning on taking it to the outdoor range on Monday again! Even if it rains, we plan to go! Yippee!!

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
28,108 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Madkaw- that's a great bill!! Beretta has to move a large part of their facility out of Maryland because much of their product woud be illegal here soon! Sad, very sad...

·
Registered
28,108 Posts
Madkaw- that's a great bill!! Beretta has to move a large part of their facility out of Maryland because much of their product woud be illegal here soon! Sad, very sad...
Well, I invite both you and Beretta to visit! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts