Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My firearms instructor has a pocket gun that is a internal hammer .38 S&W DAO with crimson trace grips. There is a similar S&W setup w/ CT grips in the case right now at my local gun shop for $600. If I go on Buds Gun Shop and put a Taurus 850 CIA with the CT lg185 grips in a cart, the total w/ shipping is $453 (plus some FFL fees to actually get it in my hands).

Does anyone have a similar Taurus setup and have any comments or suggestions? I was thinking about this gun for the car and bicycle commuting.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
If I could have gotten the same thing on my Rossi "the other Taurus" I would have gone that way. I have seen them on Buds before. Nice setup, I just like a hammer for some odd reason.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Robby said:
If I could have gotten the same thing on my Rossi "the other Taurus" I would have gone that way. I have seen them on Buds before. Nice setup, I just like a hammer for some odd reason.
i was wanting to say that too.it looks like a real sweet gun,but i think it looks a little strange without a hammer.but congrats and i am sure its a great gun.post up your pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats the wifes gun and she likes it. Not LOVE, after 50 rounds the web of her right hand gets a Little "outchy", her word, not mine. But she puts up with it with the hard rubber of the grip. Really can't put much to cushion it without interrupting the touch pad to activate the laser. But I don't have a problem with it. Just her hand type. Now my defender (.357 with shrouded hammer) she doesn't have a problem with , but it's "heavy". lol... it's her house gun, since she doesn't ccw.
Good choice. any of the Taurus with CRL will do you fine. Great for practice and dry fire, too. Helps us out in point shooting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I want to pick up the 651. I've found a stainless model and the idea of a pocket revolver sounds best for me. I'm thinking the 651 because I believe a snubbie built for the .357 will hold up to 38 Special +P's better over the long run than a 38 Special only revolver. And, I'd still have the option to put .357's in it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just picked up a 850. I really like it. Carries really well. I haven't gotten to shoot her yet. But I am expecting it to be sweet.

Bill
Denver, PA

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bjf41 said:
I just picked up a 850. I really like it. Carries really well. I haven't gotten to shoot her yet. But I am expecting it to be sweet.

Bill
Denver, PA
What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts