Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a good deal about the 40 S&W and the issues with bulging cases and unsupported chamber. My question which has probably been covered,but is the PT 140 Millpro supported or unsupported? I've eyeballed some of my brass and didn't notice a bulge, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I haven't witnessed it, but have read that it is an occurrence with sub-compact pistols and in particular the S&W Shield. I have not noticed it with my MilPros nor the Slims, but frankly can't remember last time I looked at any brass from them on range.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I haven't seen any in my stuff.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Next time you field strip your 140 take a cartridge or a case and slip it in to the chamber. Look around the rim and if you don't see any case exposed below the rim, you have a fully supported chamber.

·
Registered
222 Posts
From my personal experience with the PT140 it is supported.It is also my experience that if you shoot range pick-up brass in either .40 or .357 Sig. you invest in a Lee Bulge Buster.You will also need a Factory Crimp Die to use with this as you use the body of the F.C.D. in the Bulge Buster.I run all my .40's and .357 Sig's through the Bulge Buster before I reload them and I've never had any trouble with them.You should inspect your cases of course to make sure there are no cracks in them.Where most of the bulges come from are Glock's which are notorious for this.It's my understanding that there are some others that leave the case bulged also.In range pick -up brass you don't know what it was shot in.After they are run through the Bulge Buster they will be fine to shoot in my experience. morayman................

·
Registered
355 Posts
I save all my brass from range sessions. Upon reading this thread I took fifty peices of brass and slid them into my barrel. None stuck or went in hard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I slid one into the in the barrel and it appears to be fully supported. If it is not is, is millimeters away from being fully supported.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Millennium Pro barrels in all calibers appear to be what one would call supported. I have not seen any case bulge so far. The Glocks have unsupported barrels and the cases ejected from Glock 27 (.40 S&W) have rather big bulges near the base.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts