Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TV, that is. We were in Wally World in NMB today and after we got home my Wife asked me if I saw the TV on the endcap in Electronics.
I said no, I wasn't looking for anything there, I was looking for one of those price scanner to check a price.
She says our 42" 3DTV is not big enough and she wants to get a bigger one.
I think this might be the one, I asked her how much it was and she said about $1200.
Vizio 55" 1080p LED-LCD HDTV -Walmart.com

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
If I bought a tv that big it would save me painting at least one wall in the living room...maybe 2 if I could bend it!

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
And send pics of your wife...when I trade mine in .....

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
253 Posts
I do like my 57 inch tv.... had it a few years now... worth the money for sure!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
With one like that I would have to tear out one wall of bookshelves put in a huge picture window and run speaker wires out to the Ice Shack to watch TV. I suppose in the summer I could anchor a pontoon out there over the crappie hole and still watch TV. That is if one of the neighbor women isn't out sunbathing, then who cares about the TV???

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
My nephew had a 60" tv in his bed room, at the foot of the bed. He played these war video games on line with his pals. It was like you were IN the damn game, never mind playing it.

Then he got married, moved out and his house was too small for it! Had to sell it.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I have an older RCA 54" television in the living room that's plenty big enough for me. Would i like a new 60+" LCD, sure. But i'm not breaking my back to get it. You know how many guns i could get for $1200? Not really sure yet, but give me the cash and we'll find out. Lol

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My friends and relatives wonder how my wife and I can live with ONE little 37" TV in the whole house. They can't imagine how reading a book can be more interesting. Oh, well...

I'll especially enjoy my books more as this political season accelerates and all the "out of context" ads come out.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I'm looking at a 55" RCA, but I won't buy another TV untill the two I have now quit working.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Hey it's not the size of the TV.. Its how well you handle the remote! ;)

We have talked about a bigger TV, but the furniture we have doesn't allow for it. The TV would be the cheapest part if we replaced it all!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
We replaced (by which I mean, placed in our bedroom) a 50" Sanyo Plasma, and purchased a DLP Mitsubitshi 65" TV. Ordered it off of Amazon with free delivery, no taxes, installed for under $800. It was a perfect fit in the entertainment cabinet..I have 3/4" clearance on each side.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
We bought a 50" digital high def LCD in 2010 and love it; football games and outdoor sporting programs are awesome, like being there.

What I didn't love was having to buy new furniture to fit it on; however the wife did, go figure.

Anytime I complain about buying new furniture she says, "Just pretend it's a new gun".

The next time I buy I new gun, I'm gonna use her logic and say, "Just pretend it's a new couch".

Think she'll buy it? :D

No, me neither. :(

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's not all about size! Really! I bought a 42" Vizio about 5 years ago and I've been happy with it. But I recently got a great deal ($269 vs $499) on a Samsung BLuRay home theater system so now I've reached the point where my TV is preventing me from fully enjoying movies due to the high def of BluRay. So I'm shopping now. My bro-in-law has an Insignia (Best Buy house brand) that I'm really impressed with. Just make sure you get a high refresh rate and a good "dynamic contrast ratio". "Big" doesn't do you much good if the picture is blurry when there's a lot of movement on the screen or the colors aren't sharp. I'm trying to learn the TV lingo and I think I've decided I need a minimum 120Hz refresh rate and 40,000:1 contrast ratio. And I'm DEFINITELY going with LED technology. But I probably won't go bigger than 47".

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I tried a 46 inch vizio LED/LCD but it was as awful as the rest that I have seen, so I returned it.

I have a 27" JVC that I bought brand new in 1990, it still works great and when it dies I will have to give up TV.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do like my 57 inch tv.... had it a few years now... worth the money for sure!
Yep, but now you can get that one for half what you paid then...lol.....I got a 32 inch 3 years ago and now i could get a 52 inch for what i paid. drives me nuts.

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Just installed a 19" Sansui, WM Christmas special $99, in one of the rooms in the hotel...PIC is amazing! Better than the new 32" we have just put in as the main tv's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts